Women trying to lose body fat

Options
smileymaxine
smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
edited May 2016 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Okay so started at 33.3% yes I cried a little when I got that number now down to 28.0% but this has taken a great deal of time
I want to get to 25 as a first goal

1.3% was gone in the last two months and I don't know it's that's just way too slow, what sorta speed did you guys lose it at

Only eating at a small defect
BMR is 1447 cals so I fall apart doing crazy low diets , most days are around 1600-2100 cals ( extra cals on double workout days , mostly protein powder or little extra carbs)

Should I just stick with what I'm doing and deal with the fact it's a slow process or should I push something a little more
Lifting 3-5 times a week
Running 4-5 for the moment as race training.( training over as of next week)

Replies

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    If your pic is current then it doesn't seem like you need to lose weight.

I would say either stick with what you are doing, or cut back on the running/eat more so your body has resources available to build muscle. It may be tough to progress on the race training and recomp at the same time.

I believe there is a recomp post in the maintenance section.
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    ilex70 wrote: »
    If your pic is current then it doesn't seem like you need to lose weight.

I would say either stick with what you are doing, or cut back on the running/eat more so your body has resources available to build muscle. It may be tough to progress on the race training and recomp at the same time.

I believe there is a recomp post in the maintenance section.

Weight I couldn't care about if I gain weight so be it, just rather be at a healthier fat percentage. Race is next weekend so running will be majority scaled back 2/3 easy cardio sessions maybe a long run here and there but mostly as a social thing. Will take a look at that post though, thanks
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    It will go. You've already proven that you can go from 33% to 28%, so it seems like what you're doing is working.