Trying something new

Wolfchicx6x
Wolfchicx6x Posts: 1 Member
Back in 2014 I lost 4 stone, I ate irregularly due to work but I ate good things, with the odd treat and I exercised 4 times a week with my girly weights :smile:
However since my partner and I got together and his love of great food spilled into my life, Ive put on 2 stone...not a happy bunny in the slightest.
I used to get quite ill before losing weight in 2014 but my stomach problems slowly got better, however this year has been horrendous. I suffer from IBS an unpleasant, embarrassing condition and i KNOW i shouldnt eat cheese, i KNOW not to eat wheat, I KNOW chocolate makes me ill, i KNOW to avoid fried food, but I, ME, THIS TUBBY WOMAN here IGNORED my bodys pain and anguish. And for what?
Im tired, spotty, overweight and darent leave the house unless i know theres a toilet close by.

Now, im done with all that, im 31 and its about time i started acting responsibly.
So dairy free, wheat free and gluten free from now on, with the odd treat because lets face it, goats cheese is delicious. And yes im aware, 'everything in moderation'...no, just no, a mouthful of yellow cheese on yummy white bread is not worth the hour or so i get of feeling ill afterwards.

So heres to my journey, to your journey and the destination, its a long way off, but every day counts :)

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Hang in there. Once good habits are formed, it will be easier. Feel free to add me!
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    My husband is a great cook. He's six inches taller than I am, so I'm sure over the years I got in the habit of eating as much as he does--big mistake. More recently I've learned I can eat the same things he does, but I'm in control of my portions. Since I've lost a good bit of weight here in the last six months, all kinds of symptoms have cleared up. For instance, I've weaned myself completely off of omeprazole (generic Prilosec) with no return of acid reflux symptoms. All kinds of good things are in store when we improve our eating and exercise habits!