Body is sore after a couple days of running on treadmill

Options
So this is completely random. Not sure if anyone has the same problem as I do. I went to the gym for 2 weeks straight, and I took a 3 day break. My body hurts A LOT when I wake up, and so do my legs? I run/walk on the treadmill for 60 minutes every single day. On Mondays and Fridays I have a trainer and we do crossfit.

Any suggestions:?

Replies

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    maybe take some time to rest....
  • ClicquotBubbles
    ClicquotBubbles Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    A nice relaxing bath and a few massages should help things :)
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Slow the heck down. Took me 2 weeks to be able to do more than 10 minutes on the treadmill. I'm up to 60+ now. While occasionally I still get sore, it's not bad and goes away in a day.
  • critterbug15
    critterbug15 Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It will pass. Your whole body does take a lot of impact while running, on a treadmill or elsewhere. It will hurt less next time and so on until your whole body isn't sore after running.

ETA: Expect to be sore after anything new is added to your workout.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Just go everyother day until the pain stops. If it doesn't stop try every three days until it stops. I think your pain is because your level of excersize is too heavy at this time. Pain is a sign of healing and need to rest. Healing takes place when we rest. Maybe you need two days to heal before you get back at it. Otherwise, arthritis, fibromyalgia, these things can be checked by a doctor visit. Best Wishes on your excersize activities.
  • 502Monica
    502Monica Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Take a break and foam roll after.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Running or working out on a hard surface does that to me, too. It just takes a while for my body to adjust accordingly. Make sure you're getting enough rest, water, and protein. You won't be as sore once you go back and your body continues to adapt :)
  • krishnap1104
    krishnap1104 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! :)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Rest.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're overdoing it.

Also, what kind of shoes are you wearing?
  • Chargunshow
    Chargunshow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Some soreness is normal especially if you are new to exercising. As long as it is mild, it's no big deal and for me, a good indicator that I had a great workout and pushed myself. Stretching and rolling on a roller is a good way to work out that soreness. If the pain is severe, dial it back a bit and take some rest days. If it's medium soreness, a light workout can help move that lactic acid out of the muscles.
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Some soreness is normal especially if you are new to exercising. As long as it is mild, it's no big deal and for me, a good indicator that I had a great workout and pushed myself. Stretching and rolling on a roller is a good way to work out that soreness. If the pain is severe, dial it back a bit and take some rest days. If it's medium soreness, a light workout can help move that lactic acid out of the muscles.

I agree with this. I'd add that extra protein after crossfit days and increased water intake might help.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I run and walk everyday (6 days)..also cross train my legs... and I still will not get on a treadmill for that length of time and do that 7 days every day? ..And then throw in crossfit on the same days you do the treadmill two days a week?

This makes me hurt even thinking about it. Why so much time on a treadmill? If you do not rest those legs and keep pounding and pounding on that treadmill, you keep wearing your muscle, tendons, ligaments and other tissues down. This is a sign for injury in your future as you got to recover or as you are already suffering soreness day after day .. the legs keep getting worn and torn down..

IMHO, consider cross training your legs on alternate days of treadmill.. Even just walking is still a good rest on your legs..

Rest days need to be in your future, I see injury in your future at this rate.

• mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You need rest days in between running days until your body is better use to it. The high intensity throb of running will impact your legs in a painful way. I do a video, or crossfit on days off of running or use a low impact elliptical or bike. C25K app is developed with many different fitness levels, and works you into running a 5K in 8 weeks. It does schedule you a day off in between each level for a reason.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Soreness is normal, especially when starting a new exercise routine. As others said, back off a little and incorporate more rest days. Also, be sure you can distinguish between soreness and actual pain from injury. It can be fine to push through soreness, but if you have an actual injury and are trying to push through, you can cause serious damage.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I analyse the pain. Is it sudden, sharp? Then you did something wrong. Don't do that again.

Achy muscles are signs of change but a lot of pain can be avoided by doing good stretches after a bout of exercise. I think also you will recover better by taking a few rest days spaced out during your week. You should always stretch after your treadmill.

Ligament/tendon pain means something is out of alignment/not enough stretches.

Bone pain like shin splints are serious. You are doing something wrong. Don't do that again. Hubby just ramped up his daily exercise and he's cramped a muscle in his calf. We're treating the immediate symptoms with heat and rest but I swear he has to improve the shoe he's wearing. Something's off.