Does it really matter ?

Options
shadow997
shadow997 Posts: 31 Member
edited May 2016 in Food and Nutrition
So for the most part I eat most of my calories at night sometimes after 9pm
So if you believe calories in calories out it shouldn't matter but I see so much about not eating 2-3 hours before bed ?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Meal timing doesn't matter. Eat when you want.

I don't eat before bed because of medical reasons - reflux.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    the only reason i dont is because i used to get heart burn. havent tested it out since but too scared.
    otherwise i say if its part of your daily plan why not
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    How could timing matter if CICO is all that matters?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I eat dinner right before bed most nights. Get home late from son's practice, make dinner, eat, go to bed. Still losing. I prefer to eat about half my daily calories at dinner/dessert.

What matters is that I eat less calories per day than I am burning. I weigh all my food on a food scale, and log it all into my food diary to insure I am eating less calories than I burn.

Short answer - No. It doesn't matter, at all.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    No it doesn't matter for weight loss when you eat.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    shadow997 wrote: »
    So if you believe calories in calories out it shouldn't matter but I see so much about not eating 2-3 hours before bed ?

I think that there is a trope about not eating before bed because that is when most people are prone to overeat - the day is done, you're probably relaxing in from of the TV, and the snacks are calling. If you make a proscription against eating at that time, you won't eat mindlessly.

But if you're counting calories, this stratagem is unnecessary.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    shadow997 wrote: »

I think that there is a trope about not eating before bed because that is when most people are prone to overeat - the day is done, you're probably relaxing in from of the TV, and the snacks are calling. If you make a proscription against eating at that time, you won't eat mindlessly.

But if you're counting calories, this stratagem is unnecessary.

I usually hear something about how it's bad to eat after a certain arbitrary time in the evening since you don't burn any calories while sleeping. I don't even bother arguing with people about it anymore.