Ideas for quick McDonald's breakfast that won't break the calorie bank?

Options
Suggestions with calories please and thanks!!

Replies

• sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    One hard thing about eating fast food is avoiding the calories from side dishes and drinks. Get water, or black coffee/black with splenda coffee, or diet soda, with your breakfast.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything on the menu is decent, and it helps a lot if you avoid the hashbrowns.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Fruit & Yogurt Parfait (150 cals)
    Egg White Delight (250 cals)
    Fruit & Maple Oatmeal (290 cals)
    Sausage Burrito (300 cals)
    Egg McMuffin (300 cals)

I've never had the oatmeal, so I don't know if it's any good or not. I usually will pick a parfait + one of the other options with a diet soda.
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Make your own at home and take it with you/ B)
  • one1fast68
    one1fast68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Make your own at home and take it with you/ B)

I used to do this a lot - make breakfast burrito's or my own egg McMuffin. That way you can control the macros and cut some of the cals if you want.
  • cryssybaby77
    cryssybaby77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Make one at home.. even if the calories are low they extra stuff is not good for your body.. If you are like Traveling or something I would say maybe the oatmeal or yogurt.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Make one at home.. even if the calories are low they extra stuff is not good for your body.. If you are like Traveling or something I would say maybe the oatmeal or yogurt.

What "extra stuff" are you referring to?
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I get egg McMuffins. If I need to save calories, I get the yogurt parfait. If I have a little extra to work with, I get the sausage, egg, and cheese McMuffin. Bacon vs. sausage saves you calories, too. I like their oatmeal, but the regular egg McMuffin is around the same calories and with more protein. Biscuit sandwiches are tasty but higher in calories, so I rarely get those. I often will get a small coffee with cream and Splenda, but I rarely get hash browns. I usually add 10% to the posted calorie counts as well, but that's me.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Egg Mcmuffin, no cheese. 240 calories.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Egg white delight, half muffin. Plus a hashbrown for a total of 335cals.
  • highwood1968
    highwood1968 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think the egg mcmuffin is a good choice and add the yogurt and you will be satisfied. I tend to remove the back bacon as I am not a fan of it:)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

No just no.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I do the sausage egg McMuffin. My normal bowl of oatmeal, nuts and fruit has more calories than that so I am okay.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I've had the egg white delight before and it was really tasty. 250 calories.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your ideas! I was starved after working 12+ hrs and stayed much later than normal. I rarely eat at mcds but was hungry right then and needed a small coffee with 2 cream to drive home safely. I ended up getting a sausage mcmuffin. So yummy! In the past I would have gotten a sausage biscuit and hashbrowns but this was much healthier for me. As someone else mentioned, my normal oatmeal breakfast while more filling and nutritious, has more calories than what I ate. Less fat but more calories. I think a sausage mcmuffin is either 370 or 400 calories? I've seen both. I told them I didn't want egg or cheese. I'm not crazy about eggs. Does anyone know for sure how many calories for the plain sausage mcmuffin?
    It feels good to be able to eat out and within my calories.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    On their website you can customize it to see exact axle amount and macros
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    sylkates wrote: »
    One hard thing about eating fast food is avoiding the calories from side dishes and drinks. Get water, or black coffee/black with splenda coffee, or diet soda, with your breakfast.

i agree. i can usually do well on the food part, but then have trouble not ordering a large coke!