Fat pouch below belly button

Hello All,

I have been working out steadily since January but mostly focusing on cardio because I want to drop weight. Now I am down 18 pounds and want to focus on my body. I find that my trouble area is the fatty pouch below my belly button. I've recently started doing left lifts and crunches daily. Are there any specific workouts I should be doing instead or in addition to these? I have weights 3-25 pounds but I don't use them. Not really sure I know how. I also have workout DVDs and wiifit but rarely use them. I'm looking for quick workouts to do in the AM before work. The DVDs are too long for me to do at this time.

Any suggestions help

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    You can't target fat loss to specific parts. You need to keep losing fat.
  • TouchMyFungus
    TouchMyFungus Posts: 208 Member
    I know that. Perhaps my wording was incorrect. How do I tone that specific area then? I dont think the leg lifts and crunches are enough.
  • justincooper405
    justincooper405 Posts: 107 Member
    I know that. Perhaps my wording was incorrect. How do I tone that specific area then? I dont think the leg lifts and crunches are enough.

Your right ... full body work out and resistance training will be key in losing the belly fat. There are lots work outs that don't take a lot of time and can be done at home.

Target your large muscle groups (never skimp on legs) use you tube for great quick home work outs.

I go to the gym mostly but when traveling I like to sneak in a morning work out that consists of:

Squats
    Lunges
    Push ups
    Variations of planks
    Legend lift crunches
  • NicoleMiller27
    NicoleMiller27 Posts: 8 Member
    'V" ups and mountain climbers are great for targeting that lower pooch area. You can YouTube it. Beginners level to get strong and proper form. Definitely start adding in weights though, especially if your short on time, Hiit training will be great for you to try. Nutrition and Cardio alone will not get you there. Hiit training the best of both worlds!! Keep on your journey. xx, Nicole
  • NicoleMiller27
    NicoleMiller27 Posts: 8 Member
    you're*