Where is it all going?

Options
OCD and I need to know.
The scale has been stuck going up and down for the past few weeks. No real gains, except initially, because the scale will go up again. So I started doing measurements and inches are disappearing, even lost half an inch in my boobs which has my husband panicked. So if the inches are decreasing, but the weight isnt.......then where is it all going??? I am hoping to my butt which is flatter than a board!

Replies

• jdwils14
    jdwils14 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It could be possible you are losing fat and gaining muscle. Boobs are mostly fat (the best place for fat in the world, I should say), and if you are losing inches, and not gaining weight, you must be gaining muscle mass.

To check if it is your butt, just measure it.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    jdwils14 wrote: »
    It could be possible you are losing fat and gaining muscle. Boobs are mostly fat (the best place for fat in the world, I should say), and if you are losing inches, and not gaining weight, you must be gaining muscle mass.

Unlikely.

More like losing fat but it's masked by water weight

Yup...second this..

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    jdwils14 wrote: »

Muscle is extremely difficult to gain and takes a while (especially for women), so I agree with @RoxieDawn and @TavistockToad that it's unlikely muscle gain and is water weight caused by either sodium, TOM or starting new exercise.