Horsetail supplement for alopecia

Options
TXHunny84
TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
Does anyone know if horsetail herbs really help with hair loss and alopecia?... I'm 32 woman who has thinning hair on top. I take vitamins (Alive women's energy) and biotin 10,000mcg but I don't notice it helping my hair. Would horsetail supplement help? Has anyone used it to help wi h theirs and had success?.. Or used a shampoo or scalp spray with it is hat works?

Replies

• kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I had problems with thinning when I ate Low/no carb. Or when I dieted too hard too fast. Did a doctor diagnose you?
  • TXHunny84
    Options
    Yes- but that's not the issue. I only started dieting again last week. My hair has been thinning for a few years.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    See a doctor.
  • Coleen312
    Coleen312 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a lot of reading regarding auto-immune diseases and their correlation to "gut health". Many doctors believe that if you work to get your gut healthy, you will decrease or eliminate your auto-immune diseases all together. I used to suffer from alopecia. When I began eating cleaner, I quit getting as many spots of baldness. Now it's been years since I've had an issue. Try reading The Immune System Recovery Plan by Susan Blum. Something you could begin with would be putting Turmeric in your coffee. It has many amazing health benefits. Google it. Good luck to you!!
  • TXHunny84
    Options
    Ok I'll look into that plan and the turmeric! Thank you!