Weight loss help.

Options
5uwpvtcqrl2a.png

I have my macros set to what it should be on non workout days but I usually consume more than that. But I need help. I'm stressing myself out over this and I know stress doesn't help either. Thanks y'all.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure what you are asking, but some general impressions...

With so little to lose, you should be set to a goal of one-half pound per week.
    You should eat back some of your exercise calories.
    You need to be super patient - losing weight when you are so close to goal will be slow.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    If you're only consuming 1100 cals a day and burning 900 then there's you answer as to why you are starving. You should try to eat back at least half of that
  • valrockks
    valrockks Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well no, I usually eat at least 1500. But isn't that the point to be in a calorie deficit or no? This whole hunger thing barely hit me this week.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    valrockks wrote: »
    Well no, I usually eat at least 1500. But isn't that the point to be in a calorie deficit or no? This whole hunger thing barely hit me this week.

You're burning calories just through living. If your calorie goal comes from MFP, it puts you at a deficit before exercise is even done. If you increase the size of that deficit through exercise, you can get really, really hungry (you can also hurt yourself by eating too little).
  • RLFlores92
    RLFlores92 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN! Do you drink whey and casein after your workouts? It really helps your body re-cooperate after a hard workout, which if you're burning 900+ I'd say that's a pretty vigorous workout! Whey is good to drink right after your workout (within 20 min) and casein gets digested a lot slower then whey so it's good to have that right before bed. These things are high in protein and will help you feel satisfied and progress with your goals
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Will those hair coloring tips really change my life?
  • valrockks
    Options
    Yeah. I had dropped a lot of weight a while back and because of how quickly it went away my hormones went out of whack and I developed hypothyroidism and had to get my gallbladder removed so that's another issue when it comes to weightloss for me now. But you're right. I should be eating more. And I typically do, 1500 I just get scared sometimes. And I know that's a problem. I kind of became obsessed but I think it's because I was at 137 and it's a slap in the face to be in the 150's now. But I have to remember I started at 195. So it isn't as bad as I believe.
  • ulcaster555
    ulcaster555 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    You're starving, bring up cal to 2100
  • kimny72
    Options
    Yeah. I had dropped a lot of weight a while back and because of how quickly it went away my hormones went out of whack and I developed hypothyroidism and had to get my gallbladder removed so that's another issue when it comes to weightloss for me now. But you're right. I should be eating more. And I typically do, 1500 I just get scared sometimes. And I know that's a problem. I kind of became obsessed but I think it's because I was at 137 and it's a slap in the face to be in the 150's now. But I have to remember I started at 195. So it isn't as bad as I believe.

Yep, stop thinking about what used to work, what you used to do, where you used to be! Just focus on now. Make sure you are getting enough protein and fat, that can help some people avoid feeling hungry, and eat back a portion of your exercise calories. Try to take the emotion, especially fear and guilt, out of eating. Eating is just providing your body with the fuel it needs, and one of life's simple pleasures. Good luck!
  • kimny72
    Options
    You're starving, bring up cal to 2100

I wouldn't eat 2100 if I were her. Chances are those workout calorie burns are inflated, and she needs a deficit to lose weight. But yeah, if she's "so hungry" she should be eating more :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What exercise are you doing that burns 900 cals each time?
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    MFP calculates your calorie deficit for you. I have mine set without exercise, so any exercise I do is extra I can eat, but if you have a regular exercise routine, that can be figured in. If you're letting MFP calculate your exercise calories, MFP tends to vastly overestimate calorie burn, so eating back half of that is recommended. Or, alternately, enter half of your exercise time and routine and that will add back about what you should eat back. Less mental math when looking at your calories for the day. If you're using an activity tracker with a heart rate monitor, you'll be more accurate.

Also keep in mind that weight fluctuates daily, so you're not going to see a steady decrease in weight. You will even see some gain here and there. Which is frustrating, but normal. One thing you can do to help is to weigh yourself the same time and under the same conditions and keep track. Over time, you can pull up a graph here on MFP that shows you your weight entries. There will be ups and downs, but if you can draw a line from start to finish and it's going down, you're fine.
  • valrockks
    Options

I lift and do cardio. Or lift and Plyos. At least 15-20 min of intervals on either treadmill or stairmaster
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I lift and do cardio. Or lift and Plyos. At least 15-20 min of intervals on either treadmill or stairmaster

Given your stats I'm not sure how 20 minutes of intervals is burning that much? Lifting certainly isn't. How are you measuring your burn?
  • valrockks
    Options

Given your stats I'm not sure how 20 minutes of intervals is burning that much? Lifting certainly isn't. How are you measuring your burn?

I use a polar heart rate monitor watch.