Spiralizer Recipes?

acbraswell
acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
Just got the Kitchenaid spiralizer last week, curious for recipes. So far I've tried zoodles sautéed with grape tomatoes and parmesan cheese, and spiral sweet potato oven fries (sweet potato, olive oil, sea salt baked at 400 degrees).

I'm sure there's been a discussion on here about this before, but the search function wasn't very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• k8mcminn
    k8mcminn Posts: 49 Member
    This is a good site http://inspiralized.com/recipes/
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    k8mcminn wrote: »

Thanks!! I was disappointed the book that came with my spiralizer didn't have any recipes. All my other Kitchenaid attachments have come with recipes...
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Do a search on Pinterest. There are many recipes there. I posted a recipe for a Greek zoodle salad here last week. Delicious.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    k8mcminn wrote: »

Her cookbook is awesome too. I have a signed copy :)
  • Queenmunchy
    crazyravr wrote: »
    @queenmunchy I have the first one and pre-ordered the second one to be out soon. Also get spiralizer is the best one yet.

Oh, I will!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    I don't like zucchini is there any other veggies that you can spiral?
  • missball
    missball Posts: 21 Member

I just spiralized a pear to have with low-fat natural yoghurt and a tiny bit of granola this morning, worked great! Apparently apples work well too.
    I've heard of people spiralizing carrots, broccoli+cauli stalks, beetroot, and potatoes or sweet potatoes. Check out the Inspiralized blog suggested above and good luck.
  • kritlyn
    kritlyn Posts: 2 Member
    I spiralize the long English cucumbers and make a salad out of it with grape tomatoes, red onion and vinegar based dressing.
  • treehugnmama
    Sounds good $219 is a bit pricey but I will watch for it to hopefully go on sale
  • Queenmunchy

http://inspiralized.com/. Pretty much.
  • treehugnmama
    Wow looks good
  • emmadonaldson95
    emmadonaldson95 Posts: 179 Member
    I made avocado pesto and prawn zoodles today and it was so good. It's on this website here http://skinnybitchblog.wordpress.com
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    acbraswell wrote: »
    Just got the Kitchenaid spiralizer last week, curious for recipes. So far I've tried zoodles sautéed with grape tomatoes and parmesan cheese, and spiral sweet potato oven fries (sweet potato, olive oil, sea salt baked at 400 degrees).

I'm sure there's been a discussion on here about this before, but the search function wasn't very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

I think most of the threads are under 'Zoodling' and there's been some great ones. I did a search just now and found a number of ideas. If you don't find what you're looking for on this thread you can always try a search under that. :smiley:
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    For anyone who is unsure of spending money on a counter-top spiralizer appliance because you don't know how much you will use it or what types of vegetables you want to try with it, here is what I did: I bought a cheap vegetable peeler-style julienne tool like this one http://smile.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Julienne-Peeler/dp/B0000CCY1S/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1464122784&sr=1-2&keywords=jullien+peeler OK, the one I bought was even cheaper and made of cheap plastic for $1. I have successfully used it on zucchini and carrots and liked the results. It did not work so well on a sweet potato. I expect the thing to break any day now. But when I have the money in my budget for something better, I can be confident it won't be wasted money because I will use it pretty regularly.