Anyone Starting Insanity?

Options
mrswine
mrswine Posts: 263 Member
I know I have seen lots of threads of different groups of people starting insanity, but a search shows most are older (people already finished or well into the program). Looking for people who have just started or are about to start insanity. I will be starting this week (as soon as my DVDs come in the mail) and strictly following the nutrition guide as well. I would consider myself pretty "fit" from doing TurboFire! for the last 6 months.

Please add me if you are in a similar situation! I am going to need all the support I can get! I am looking to drop 15 pounds while on the program.

Replies

• xenl
    xenl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be trying the first workout tonight and seeing how it goes. I've started before but found that it was so intense and I wasn't ready for it. I have a different mindset now though.
  • showey27
    showey27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have started it on and off for the last few years - never making it past the first couple weeks...get frustrated by not seeing results. I did commit to start over and did the first workout this morning.
  • mrswine
    Options
    I have started it on and off for the last few years - never making it past the first couple weeks...get frustrated by not seeing results. I did commit to start over and did the first workout this morning.

So many of the results that I read said that they saw little to no progress the first month unless they had a lot to lose, but saw huge losses in the second month. So, I am committed to only looking at the scale on fit test days. I saw people who lost over 20 pounds but only 4 or 5 in the first month.
  • mrswine
    Options
    I'm going to be trying the first workout tonight and seeing how it goes. I've started before but found that it was so intense and I wasn't ready for it. I have a different mindset now though.

Good luck! Push through it. I read of people who could only finish the warmup day 1 and were killing it day 63!!!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I'm starting month 2 today. It's intense, but the results are amazing. I recommend taking measurements and pictures before you start, then tracking on each off day. Seeing the weight come off in the pictures is a huge motivation to stick with it. Make sure you keep good form. I started having some issues with my ankles during the warmups at first, but when I adjusted my body position slightly, the problem went away nd I haven't had any other issues since.
  • SCouture421
    Options
    Tomorrow will be day 10 for me!!
  • amandaash980
    Options
    I was suppose to start Month 2 tomorrow, HOWEVER I hurt my foot on Saturday from doing the recovery week video and went to the Dr.s and found out I have plantar fasciitis and now I have been pulled off of Insanity for a week at least. I am addicted to Insanity and this is driving me crazy. I actually cried over it because my husband and I are competitive and he will now be a week ahead of me in the program. When I started Insanity 5 weeks ago I weighed 190lbs I weigh 174lbs now!!! :) It is an intense work out, so be careful and make sure you are landing softly so you don't hurt yourself, it is easy to dig deeper and get insane when you are pushing yourself head and just one wrong move can blow everything at least for a while. :(
  • mrswine
    Options
    I was suppose to start Month 2 tomorrow, HOWEVER I hurt my foot on Saturday from doing the recovery week video and went to the Dr.s and found out I have plantar fasciitis and now I have been pulled off of Insanity for a week at least. I am addicted to Insanity and this is driving me crazy. I actually cried over it because my husband and I are competitive and he will now be a week ahead of me in the program. When I started Insanity 5 weeks ago I weighed 190lbs I weigh 174lbs now!!! :) It is an intense work out, so be careful and make sure you are landing softly so you don't hurt yourself, it is easy to dig deeper and get insane when you are pushing yourself head and just one wrong move can blow everything at least for a while. :(

Holy results! I had to take weeks off workouts for a stress fracture. Just get right back into it when you can!
  • mrswine
    Options
    Tomorrow will be day 10 for me!!

Awesome! Stick with it!
  • mrswine
    Options
    I'm starting month 2 today. It's intense, but the results are amazing. I recommend taking measurements and pictures before you start, then tracking on each off day. Seeing the weight come off in the pictures is a huge motivation to stick with it. Make sure you keep good form. I started having some issues with my ankles during the warmups at first, but when I adjusted my body position slightly, the problem went away nd I haven't had any other issues since.

Thanks for the tip! I am planning on getting a brace for any joints that start to give me trouble. Turbofire hurt my knees for a long time but now I modify.
  • ladybugzbaby
    Options
    I'm in my first week of Insanity. I'm not able to do it every day because of other obligations (work/kids) but I think I'll be able to do it 3-4 times a week and I'm going to work in a run at least 2 times a week. I can definitely use the extra motivation! I'm also new to myfitnesspal so I'm excited to see how this works!
  • julietcrooks
    Options
    Hi Hannah,

I am about to start tonight after the kids go to bed....just the fitness test and I'm scared! haha

I think the trick is to only do what you can.....as long as you are still getting a good workout - I don't think I will be able to keep up at first but it's all heading in the right direction!

Julie
  • deacs5one
    deacs5one Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Was consistent for 2 weeks before going to vacation and that was 1 month ago. Started again this morning where I left off and it felt like day 1, but I've been feeling great all day. Its a love/hate relationship.
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    did the fit test today,

my cousin had some ****in ridicioulous results (in an effing awesome way) so that gave me that kick in the *kitten* to try it :D
  • mrswine
    Options
    Woo! You guys are all awesome. Insanity is so hard and I definitely agree that it is a love/hate relationship! Today is day 7 for me.... rest day! I already feel stronger and each workout is a little easier - I dont have to stop to rest as often every time i pop a DVD in, but each workout is hard in its own way!

If you have not already done so, please feel free to add me! I need all the insanity friends that I can get!
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it online and am waiting for it arrive in the mail! I'm making my husband do it with me so I'm really excited!!
  • nicolemarthacraig
    nicolemarthacraig Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in starting it also, can someone tell me about the diet side of it please? i.e. will you have to increase your calorie intake? Are there set foods that you can only eat? Do you have to stay off alcohol for the 60 days?
  • lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting on the 29th. Would start sooner but I'm on vacation next week. I'm scared of how hard it'll be but I am so determined to lose 15 more lbs. I really have about 45 more to lose but 15 is my next big goal and I have a huge reward waiting for me once I get there!!
  • lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    amandaash980- Those are some amazing results. How much have you been eating? Do you follow the meal plan that comes with it?
  • jrodx2
    jrodx2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Love, love LOVE Insanity! It was actually the first Beachbody program I did and while it was TOUGH those first two weeks, I continued to push through anyway to see if it really works. I lost 17 pounds and 9 inches in my waist alone! Needless to say, I was hooked after that! lol I actually even became an Insanity instructor a few weeks ago to teach it locally (it allows for modifications which is really nice for people while knee issues).

You ladies are going to rock it!!!!