TDEE/BMR - Calorie Intake questions??

Options
Hi all
I've done lots of read re:TDEE and BMR and think I understand it.

Need some advice re: How many calories I should be eating, just to confirm what I believe I understand. I have done various of the online calculator things and have the following results.

http://www.fat2fitradio.com
BMR - Harris - 1688
Katch - 1460

TDEE measured on various calculators comes out between 2608 - 2902.
I have had a bodymedia armband for the past month and it says on average I use 2901 calories a day.

The 2901 that the bodymedia averages is my TDEE?

I should eat TDEE - 30% approx? Therefore 2901 - 30% = 2030 calories of food/drink intake each day?

Is this correct?

I've only been averaging an intake of 1200-1400 calories prior to this.

Replies

• caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I think your assessment of your TDEE sounds right. Especially with the BM to back it up. However, with only 17kg/38lbs to lose, I think a 30% cut is a bit large. Of course, that being said, 2000 calories is still way more than the 1200-1400 you were doing so it's definitely a good goal to start with. As you increase your calories though and get used to that over time, and continue to lose weight, I would decrease your deficit percentage. Keep in mind though that your TDEE could change too so it's always a good idea to reassess every 5-10 pounds.
  • madasanatter
    madasanatter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I eventually want to lose more than the 17kg it says I have to go, but I thought I would set that as my initial goal.
  • madasanatter
    madasanatter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump!