Weight training = increased hunger

Options
MonCheri
MonCheri Posts: 7 Member
So I recently hired a personal trainer to help me tone (not necessarily bulk) and with that I've changed my whole eating/calorie habits. I have been for a very long time drastically limiting my calories (normally around 600) but with talking to several of my friend and my trainer, they all suggest I increase my calories and focus on micronutrients (carbs, protein, fats). I have done that but I find that I'm constantly hungry. I'm really afraid that with the increase in the calorie number I will start to gain weight. I go to the gym at least 4 times a week and focus on weights and finish with some cardio. I'm eating around 1000 calories now. I have body image issues and do not want to go back to the weight I was in 2010. I weight about 120, ht 65 inches...I'd love to be around 105...In 2010 I was 190 pounds. Any advice on getting rid of hunger????

Replies

• cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Eat more! Increase your calories to 1200 daily and eat back half of your exercise calories. 105 may not be a reasonable goal for your height either, you may want to look into that. (I'm 5'5" with a goal of 135.) Also, just FYI, protein, carbs, and fats are MACROnutrients, not micronutrients.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Seriously. You're hungry because you need more food.

If you won't do that, stop lifting weights so the hunger becomes manageable. Eating more would be healthier than stopping exercise, obviously.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Don't drastically limit your calories and recognize that if you are lifting, your body could be better looking and smaller (inch wise) at a higher weight because muscle is more dense.