Have 2 Questions

Options
Have 2 Questions 1. It ok do weight training and #cardio same day? 2. It ok do 2 days "back to back" of weight training? healthy fitness ;):D:/

Replies

• BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    If your body can handle it then go ahead. I workout 5-6 days a week but I didn't start that way I had to work towards it.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    (1) Yeah. Most would recommend the weights before cardio, so you're not lifting tired, but depends on the difficulty of the two relative to your ability.
    (2) If you're not hitting the same muscles both days (like in an upper-lower split), it's OK. Otherwise your performance is going to be compromised on the second day, and for very little benefit.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yes. I prefer cardio first because it is the most challenging for me.
    For strength training I suggest not doing the same muscles everyday.
    For example: arms on Monday and Wed.
    And legs on Thurs. and Fri.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I do both on the same day. I split mine one in the morning and one at night. Back to back is fine but I would lift first so my muscles aren't tired. I agree with NaturalNancy on making sure you are lifting different muscle groups of you do two days in a row.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    1. Yes.
    1a. If you're doing them both during the same workout, lift first, then cardio.
    1b. If you're splitting them into separate workouts, do cardio in the am and lift in the pm
    2. You absolutely can strength train two days in a row, but make sure there is about 48 - 72 hours between working the same muscle group.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that as far as which to do first, cardio or lifting, you do whichever one you want to have more energy for! I always lift first because lifting is my focus, getting stronger my main goal, but my if main goal were to run faster and farther, I would run first. Simple.