Finnally ready to lose the weight!

Options
So, I have been over 160 pounds since I was 12. Well, now eight years later with a two year old, I am ready. Ive tried lots of things like going to the gym a lot and working out, or eating a little bit better ect. But the three weeks I have stuck to eating 1200'sh calories a day and I am seeing serious results! When I first started I was 359-361. Today I weight myself and couldnt believe what i saw so much that i weighed myself ten or twelve times lol. The scale was between 335-340. I officially feel like im in the grove of things and am very happy with what im eating (even though i do eat things like skinny cow ice cream and weight watchers things) I love it! I expecially love the breakfast ive discovered. I used to beable to eat a 6 eggs, two pieces of toast, an orange, and more and still be really hungry. Now that ive trained my body how much to eat, im amazed! The breakfast I discovered yesterday that I think will be my new routine breakfast is 1 piece of fruit and 1 string cheese! Its so simple and so good! and the best part is it fills me up! I am still full at 12 and i ate at 10! lol which doesnt sound like long but it is to me compaired to before when id be starving. Ive also officially cut out soda and am only drinking water. occasionally ill have a soda but nothing compaired to before. :) Ill be ready to incorporate routine excersize soon.

Replies

• allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the great start! Please remember though, that weight loss is not linear and you may have some times when no matter what you do, you will be stuck at some weight. You might want to measure yourself right now and take some full body pictures so you have something for comparison and motivation when the plateau happens. Also, when you start exercising, you will want to eat back at least some of your exercise calories. You might also want to eat more right now and slow the loss rate to give your body a chance to adapt skin-wise to the changes - with as much weight as you're hoping to lose, I suspect you're going to need a much smaller "suit of skin" or have to deal with "excessive loose skin" (which can be surgically fixed - at a price (generally not covered by insurance))