Fitbit users

Options
As long as I do not eat over the calories my fitness pal says I have, from syncing with my fitbit, will I be a a deficit to lose weight? Has this worked for you?

Replies

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I fully understand, but I think you will lose weight as long as your "calories burned" on Fitbit is less than the calories you've eaten that you logged in on MFP. At least, that's how i approach it. Now, how much weight you lose depends on how big that deficit is (a 500 daily deficit for 7 days should yield a one pound weight loss for that week) and for how long. Hope that helps.
  • HavtaLose
    HavtaLose Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    jeeplovin wrote: »
    As long as I do not eat over the calories my fitness pal says I have, from syncing with my fitbit, will I be a a deficit to lose weight? Has this worked for you?

Yes you will. I have been using mine for a while now and it's quite accurate in gaging my activity. I lose the same amount of weight it says i should be according to my activity.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    Not sure if I fully understand, but I think you will lose weight as long as your "calories burned" on Fitbit is less than the calories you've eaten that you logged in on MFP. At least, that's how i approach it. Now, how much weight you lose depends on how big that deficit is (a 500 daily deficit for 7 days should yield a one pound weight loss for that week) and for how long. Hope that helps.

Pretty sure you mean if calories burned is greater than calories eaten. Otherwise you would gain weight. ;)

OP, yes. I lost 60+ pounds in fifteen months doing exactly that.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Agree that the answer is probably yes! I have lost 87 lbs doing just that. If you find you are not losing as you should, then adjust.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    @malibu927 - Yikes! Thanks for the correction!! :o
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
  • jeeplovin
    jeeplovin Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! My understanding is as long as I net 1200 calories a day, according to fitbit & my fitness pal, I should be in a deficent, and should be good.