Hi!

Options
Hi Everyone,

My name is Samantha and I'm new to myfitnesspal. I'm looking forward losing big. . . trying to drop 50 pounds!! Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Welcome aboard!
  • xxquzme
    xxquzme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sure, same advice that i give everyone. Weight loss is math not just science. 3500 calories equal one pound. Eliminate calories either by less volume taken in or by more exercise out and you will be successful. Relax and try to have fun doing this. There are very good answers and questions on here so take advantage of them. If you feel you have knowledge on a topic make sure that you take the time to answer it and if you have questions make sure that you take the time to ask them. Good luck with your journey.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and wlcome!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats for making the first step!! You will find a lot of support and tips throughout the forums. Remember, slow and steady wins the race :glasses: I started 4/16/10 and I've cut soda and high sugars foods and drinks. I drink mainly water (at least 9 8oz water a day, if not more)and I use 5cal flavor packs. Food wise, I increased fruits and veggies by quite a bit, slowly trying new ones I've never had before (like peaches). I also really watch my portions and my sodium intake. I don't do a lot for exercise, I mainly walk. I started walking 4x a week at 15min each, then slowly made it 2x a day, 6 (often 7) days a week for roughly 25-30min each time. Eventually, I came across a plan called Couch to 5k or C25k (coolrunning.com for the plan and search the message boards here for threads about the plan..IT DOES WORK!!). I even started my own challenge to walk 100miles from 6/8-9/8 (which can also be found on here). If you have a Wii, a fun game is Just Dance, it really gets ya moving and laughing :laugh: If you ever have questions, don't be afraid to ask anyone, we're all pretty friendly :wink: Good luck on your journey!
    :flowerforyou: Bru
  • lesliejsilva
    lesliejsilva Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bru, I really like your goals in your signature! I've been just rewarding myself to try and make myself feel better since none of my clothes fit me, and I think I need to stop and really hold myself accountable to hit the goals I need to! I'm going to make my goals now. :)
  • suzyanne
    suzyanne Posts: 50
    Options
    :happy: Welcome aboard!!