Newby

Hello all, I am on a mission on losing 50lbs and then some. I started a weekly meal plan but I think my portions are too much.

Replies

• WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    What makes you say that? Are you using the calorie calculator on this site? Anyway, if you think it's too much, why not reduce it, try it for a week or two, and see what happens? Good luck!
  • bethanydaniel5
    bethanydaniel5 Posts: 5 Member
    Trying to lose 50 lbs myself! And I really like food, so it's been a challenge so far...just a matter of finding the right, healthy food that still tastes good!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    If you are eyeballing your portions then they are more than likely too much. I've been doing this for quite a while and every time I think I have a portion size I weigh it and it's usually double what it's supposed to be. Use smaller plates and Invest in a food scale!! About $12-20. It'll be your best friend. Started in the 220s now in the 150s!
  • ms_tericato
    ms_tericato Posts: 19 Member
    I am on this journey as well. I have been doing a high protein meal prep. Begin that I don't have a scale yet I use the plastic container that have the sections already in them and just use two one for my meat and the other for my veggies.So like this week and past I did baked chicken and veggies. But in the the morning I have a portion shake. This is just the start but the hunger part is not bad. My portions are not big and I don't go back for seconds and I try to eat before I get hungry.