Looking for like-minded females to share my health journey with!

Options
My name is Megan and I'm 21 years old from Daytona Beach, Florida. I love riding horses, playing music, freediving, and exploring new ways to become as healthy and happy as I can possibly be in my free time. I am a soon-to-be nursing student and currently work as a waitress. There's just a few things I would like to say while introducing myself...

I have been on every diet in the book and have gained and lost the same 30 pounds twice while I was in high school. I have also suffered from multiple eating disorders and a body image disorder. I'm sure if something brought you to a calorie counting website, you can relate in some way. I have managed to keep the weight off for about 2 and a half years now because I have finally shed my eating disorders and am in a healthy state of mind. That being said, weighing myself has been and always will be a sensitive subject for me, so I decided to ditch my scale a few months ago, which was a great decision.

I am not on a quest to lose weight. I am on a quest to find myself, inside and out. To be equally healthy mentally and physically. To be 100% comfortable in my own skin without always wanting to look like some other woman out there. To love myself just as I am and to know that my worth is not my clothing size or my bodily measurements.

If you have similar goals for your own health journey, I would love for you to add me! Let's do this together - girl power! :)

Replies

• joeycost
    joeycost Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Best of luck with ur nursing!
  • rosieandroo
    rosieandroo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That sounds like an amazing goal! I'm 24 and from the UK, but I have mental health issues which make it really hard for me to be sensible when trying to look after my body. I like being aware of what, when and why I'm eating / exercising, which is why I enjoy the app. Problems come when I start feeling competitive and obsessive about weight loss, so I think I get you there. Good luck on your journey!
  • rempejeff
    rempejeff Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello
  • GeorgiePie88
    GeorgiePie88 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I'm looking to do now. I'm 28, originally from Canada, but moved to New Zealand to live with my husband.

I've suffered from very poor body image and disordered eating for most of my life. I reached a point last year where I got pretty sick from extreme calorie restriction. I'm mainly using this site to monitor what I'm eating based on how I feel. Eating when you're hungry and learning to look at food in new ways is a big challenge. I'm eager to find others here that are going through the same journey.

I must ask everyone here - what do you find particularly helpful about MFP in helping you overcome unhealthy thought patterns? Does the practice of monitoring your diet ever tempt you to fall back into old habits? Do you tend to avoid certain discussions because they might trigger some thoughts? What else are you doing in addition to MFP to help you?

My goal is just to find a balance and healthy relationship with my body and food.

Good luck everyone on this journey!
  • ariannfa583
    ariannfa583 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im going through the same stuff n would like to support u. Donno how to contact u
  • emmadonaldson95
    emmadonaldson95 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm emma im 20 and a student. I've found mfp really works for me and am loving it. My diary is open and you're very welcome to add me!
    I also literally just started a blog http://skinnybitchblog.wordpress.com to document my recipes etc so id love it if some of you guys could take a look.