Kitchen equipment that help with dieting

Options
13»

Replies

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I've only recently learned that you can make perfect omelettes and pancakes in a toasted sandwich maker, so that's my new fave gadget (or rather, old gadget with new uses).
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    A manual (and maybe an electric) jar opener.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If you want a blender etc, look at Goodwill or similar thrift store.
    I like my foreman grill & use it several times a week. I just got a spiralizer that will change my summer!
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    ASKyle wrote: »
    Digital scale is the only must.

I really like my digital meat thermometer. No dry chicken! Perfect medium rare steak!

This. If it saves food poisoning once it's worth it. The food scale is also great. Takes the guesswork right out of weight loss. Plus it teaches portion control
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love my Paderno spiralizer. My daughter bought it for me 2 years ago. I use it all the time. good sharp knives and lots of different size containers help you meal prep. Electronic scale is also a good investment. A steamer makes life really easy and healthy. Also if you grill a grill basket is great for veggies. We use ours several times a week. A grill is also awesome! Good luck!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Other than a lock on the fridge?
    Here is what you need to cook everything: An 8" chef's knife (Victorinox is cheap and good), a cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, a spatula, a large cooking spoon, a whisk, a good oven-safe 6qt Dutch Oven (cast iron enamel by Lodge is a good value), a shallow frying pan and maybe a saucepan, a loaf pan and a muffin tin. That's it.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I dunno, but I can tell you my kitchen is missing a second casserole pan and a food processor. I find myself frequently wishing I had these.