Going for a run is scary advice?

Options
124»

Replies

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    what about a local park to run around in?
    the only time i notice a runner is if she hasnt got a sports bra on, and i think to myself that cant be comfortable.

You notice runners without a sports bra? Twins! I also notice this.

I feel an urge to grab them and shake them saying 'what are you DOING?'!!!!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I had that problem too, but the feeling goes away after the first couple times.

I know this isn't quite running outside, but if it makes you feel better the first time I went to a gym I felt intimidated and bumped into like 3 machines and accidently went into the women's bathroom. :expressionless:

"accidentally"

8fp9bkaftcaw.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    the only time i notice a runner is if she hasnt got a sports bra on, and i think to myself that cant be comfortable.

You feel an urge to grab them?

Twins! I do too!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Twins! I do too!

:D
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Twins! I do too!
    plim80td0pu5.gif
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Twins! I do too!

I think I watched this movie.
    With the twins.
  • Camish911
    Camish911 Posts: 150 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Do I notice runners? Absolutely. But when I do I either think, "Good for them! I wish I had the motivation to do that!" or I'm tempted to follow them blaring Eye of the Tiger. Either way there's no judgement, just respect.
  • theWODdoll
    theWODdoll Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Don't even worry about what other people think! Whether they're paying attention to you or not, you're running to be a better version of yourself and that's ALL that matters. Go get your run on girl!
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I felt the exact same way when I started...even running at night to avoid as many people as possible. The suggestion to get a treadmill is not a bad one for two reasons: if you are just starting, it's a stable and flat surface to run on and also, it's easy to start/stop when you get tired or worn out. I do enjoy running outside but it's hard on my knees and joints. Also, I don't agree that people just ignore you. They will look and casually observe. A few might be &*#!'s enough to say something or make a face, but who cares? You're going to learn with running that it's so rewarding and exciting to have personal bests...and it makes you feel good. Pretty soon, you'll have built up your cardio enough to be running along and not even breathing hard. It's a great accomplishment. Good luck!!
  • steponebyone
    steponebyone Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Honestly it's not true that people don't stare. I tend to glance at people subconsciously while driving on the road. It's just a habit, or I'm nosy. So people do stare and I feel it. However, to avoid this I go places where people are running as well. I find trails or walkways, or the beach to run so I don't feel so singled out. If all else fails, put some headphones in and shut out the world if possible. Best of luck!