Question to see if there are others like me...

Hi! My name is Sam, and I'm 5 feet 4 inches tall and currently weigh 130lbs and I'm new to MFP. Back in December, my weight was 158lbs. I remember saying back then "I'd be happy if I was 145!" A couple months of eating healthier I hit 140lbs. Then instead of feeling proud of my achievement, I said "I'd be happy at 135." I quit drinking alcohol, stopped snacking and started walking every morning. Now I'm at 130lbs and find myself thinking "wouldn't 120 be better?" Anyone else feel like this? I'd like to see myself happy and proud of the way I look, and not just constantly thinking that I can do better.

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,553 Member
    Re-evaluating is very normal but maybe instead of focusing on some arbitrary number you can be more specific in terms of what you aren't happy with. Is it your abs? Your cardio endurance? Your muscle definition? The number on the scale really isn't a good measurement to go by. Some very fit, healthy folks with incredible bodies weigh more than you would think is a good weight. It's what that number is made of. So try and figure out why you aren't happy with where you are now and work on that thing.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    you know what has helped me and a lot of my friends? signing up for a race, like a 5k, or an obstacle course race, or a triathlon.

suddenly you stop asking yourself "will eating like this make me skinny?" and you'll be saying "eating this will make me stronger!" you'll stop wondering "will this work out make me lose weight?" and instead you'll be saying "this work out made me better!!"

you'll be focusing on what your body can do. and remember, appearance is the result of hardwork.

good luck.