Help....

Options
Hi All,

Needing a bit of help, i'm doing quite well at the moment, got my eating right and doing really well. However; i'm having a bad run of illnesses this year, nothing I can avoid. Really bad migraines, trapped nerve in my neck & just been diagnosed with ovarian cysts which are incredibly painful. I can't get to the gym and struggling to get out running.

I'm losing my motivation with it because I haven't been able to go for the past few months. Does anyone have any ideas of any light exercises I can do at home which may not cause me too much pain?

We do have equipment at home such as... Olympic bar, 100kg worth of weights, dumbbells, resistance bands, skipping rope etc...

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    There are lots of great home-based workouts that you can do. You can find some on YouTube and there are others that are DVD-based. I imagine that something like Yoga might be good as you're working through pain so you don't push too hard.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Are you able to just walk? If so, do that. Weight loss is mostly diet anyway. The exercise can be added later.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Can you experiment with yoga and simple calesthenics?
  • EmmaCaz4
    EmmaCaz4 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I walk roughly an hour a day anyway.. It's more frustrating really. I need something to do, i've been on my loss journey for a while and got upto 10k runs, 70kg squats, 80kg deadlifts etc... So it's more the motivation & feeling good about myself that i've done something that i'm after rather than it helping me with my loss. I'm frustrated and fidgetty because I can't get to the gym and can't get out running... That's more the issue. Will dig my yoga out and get on that again thanks.
  • caammph
    caammph Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I can't really do much in the way of exercise lately myself but I walk a tremendous amount. I also love yoga (can't at the moment) and am starting a pilates class soon. As other posters have said, weight loss is mostly diet, for me the exercise part is as much for my mental health as my physical health.