Real workout selfies

Options
I'm so sick of seeing fitness blogs and beautifully airbrushed shots of muscles and perfect hair ... I look mostly like a sweaty red mess with hair scraped back ... I can't be the only one
Please say you don't all look flawless
3hgkjalehj5q.jpeg
m0opqj5azumn.jpeg
og3aa7fovl57.jpeg

Replies

• smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Squat one was a while back when o was still on 40kg and hadn't got lifting shoes but that face
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I've never taken an exercise selfie in my life. I definitely don't look flawless, but luckily there is no proof of that. lol
    I hate how half marathon and Spartan races want me to buy those photos--the medal is much prettier!

Honestly get what you are saying about fit magazines, but I see your squat pic and think it is far prettier than mine. I usually have a bright red face, sweat, and total RBF.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the purpose of workout selfies. Who cares?

Form or PR videos are acceptable, however.
  • Sassie_Lassie
    Sassie_Lassie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Um, I don't take selfies when I work out. Do people do that to prove that they actually worked out? I never understood this concept . . .
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I can barely take a good picture of myself when I am standing still and concentrating on the picture. I've never even attempted to take one while working out.
  • smileymaxine
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    I don't understand the purpose of workout selfies. Who cares?

Form or PR videos are acceptable, however.
    Um, I don't take selfies when I work out. Do people do that to prove that they actually worked out? I never understood this concept . . .

Ah some of us are hooked on the Internet and basically post everything , I normally screenshot from form videos or take post workout selfies cause why the hell not brag, also I delete body measurement photos as they frustrate me so good indication of progress
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I take workout selfies (usually to go with my Bodyspace finished workout and for PumpUp).

I don't sweat a lot. I mean I do sweat, but I'm not one of those people who will soak a shirt or anything. Sometimes I take the selfie at the beginning of the workout, sometimes in the middle during a rest, and sometimes at the very end. Really just depends. Obviously the ones at the beginning and middle tend to look a tad nicer than the ones at the end. You actually might like the PumpUp app.

When I take a squat selfie (actually they are screenshots from form check videos that I take), it's typically been at the beginning of my workout since I was doing Stronglifts and that's the first exercise. For that reason I typically look pretty put together (granted you can't really see my face as my phone is off to the side of me).

edit: I've also found my gym selfies have worked pretty well for progress pics.
  • smileymaxine
    Options
    I take workout selfies (usually to go with my Bodyspace finished workout and for PumpUp).

I don't sweat a lot. I mean I do sweat, but I'm not one of those people who will soak a shirt or anything. Sometimes I take the selfie at the beginning of the workout, sometimes in the middle during a rest, and sometimes at the very end. Really just depends. Obviously the ones at the beginning and middle tend to look a tad nicer than the ones at the end. You actually might like the PumpUp app.

When I take a squat selfie (actually they are screenshots from form check videos that I take), it's typically been at the beginning of my workout since I was doing Stronglifts and that's the first exercise. For that reason I typically look pretty put together (granted you can't really see my face as my phone is off to the side of me).

Oh good thought I was the only one after the other replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

Oh good thought I was the only one after the other replies

Definitely not alone. It's just one of those things that some people do and some don't.
  • debbiec19
    debbiec19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yep! I definitely look the same. Mostly a deep red shade lol
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Swimming at Lightning Creek on Ross Lake, Jack Mountain in the background.

24541417200_d3c8ed869c_o_d.jpg

Swimming at Stehekin, Cascade Pass in the background.

24743120711_b274922959_o_d.jpg

Climbing in the Icicle Canyon, near Leavenworth.

24208739144_90c969f003_o_d.jpg
  • smileymaxine
    Options
    This looks AMAZING absolutely beautiful place
    Swimming at Lightning Creek on Ross Lake, Jack Mountain in the background.

24541417200_d3c8ed869c_o_d.jpg

Swimming at Stehekin, Cascade Pass in the background.

24743120711_b274922959_o_d.jpg

Climbing in the Icicle Canyon, near Leavenworth.

24208739144_90c969f003_o_d.jpg

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Squat one was a while back when o was still on 40kg and hadn't got lifting shoes but that face

As a side note, it looks like your heels are coming up a little. You're getting pretty low, but you may need to adjust your stance somewhat. You should be driving through your heels and keeping them in contact with the ground.
  • smileymaxine
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

As a side note, it looks like your heels are coming up a little. You're getting pretty low, but you may need to adjust your stance somewhat. You should be driving through your heels and keeping them in contact with the ground.

They were on small weights have had HUGE issues with ankle mobility due to past injures now worked on for 4/5 months as well as getting myself in decent lifting shoes, form is a lot stronger with with squats , proper depth and not falling forward