Pcos and calorie intake

Options
Anyone with pcos find they need less calories than the average person to lose? I am considering lowering mine to 1200 as I have been between 1400 and 1800 since Oct. Have lost 20-25 lbs slowly and am stuck, want to speed it up...

Replies

• Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I know there are a lot of pcos threads just use the search box.
  • jaims224
    jaims224 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would just keep it steady at 1400 and watch the sugar intake as well. The default sugar setting on here is already somewhat low, but I would maybe cut it in half for awhile and see if that helps. I have found that natural fats, like avocado can help as well. You hear everyone say all the time that if you are eating at a deficit that you will lose and that is true, for most people. However, with our insulin resistance issues it does tend to matter where the calories come from, and because any shock to the system can cause hormonal disruption, I would avoid cutting calories too low.
  • cbinnd
    cbinnd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Looks like your calorie intake is probably fine. Have you tried cutting out added sugars and white breads and such? I am only asking because you have PCOS and common consensus is that we can't handle these foods well at all.