pounds per week

Options
Im currently 5'3 and 159 pounds and want to get down to 140 so only have 19 pounds to lose (i might decide i want to lose a bit more when i get there but this is my current goal). A lot of people told me that because I only want to lose this amount that 1 pound per week is too much? Is this true and should i be losing 0.5pw instead ?

Replies

• Sarah_Shapes_Up
    Sarah_Shapes_Up Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Either one should be ok health wise! It has more to do with sustainability. I have similar stats to you, and while my diary is set to lose 1lb/week, I'm seeing more of 1-2 lbs/month. Slow but steady, and I haven't struggled much with hunger. It comes down to preference and compliance.
  • anniea1818
    anniea1818 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ah great thank you, I get easily hungry so dont want to drop my calories too much! yes, id rather go steady than lose too quickly and gain it all back!
  • xjessicaxrx
    xjessicaxrx Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 4 and currently weigh 155lb, i have the same goal. Iv been eating (well trying to stick to) 1300kcal per day, and losing atleast 0.5lb per week, sometimes 1lb but ill admit I do go over my calories at weekends haha
  • anniea1818
    anniea1818 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ok cool ill keep to those numbers, was worried when I wasnt loosing a lot per week, thanks!
  • xjessicaxrx
    xjessicaxrx Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    anniea1818 wrote: »
    ok cool ill keep to those numbers, was worried when I wasnt loosing a lot per week, thanks!

How many have you been eating per day so far?
  • Katwin2013
    Katwin2013 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Because you do not have that much to lose asking for more then a pound a week might be stressful on you. If more then one pound a week does not come off you could end up throwing in the towel. I gained 15 pounds back because I got so frustrated with the scale and started to eat wrong. You have to be patient.