Crystal Light count as water?

Options
Hey! So, when eating healthy I often find the taste of plain water to be boring. Instead, I have been drinking Crystal Light peach tea and counting it for my water. Is that ok? What do you all think?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's completely fine. I love their raspberry tea.
  • ridge4mfp
    ridge4mfp Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It's fine, as long as you do well with artificial sweeteners (assuming Crystal Light has them). I drink iced tea as my water all day.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Yes... I drink Wyler's light, but practically the same thing.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    The recommendations are for 2-3litres of liquid per day including coffee, tea, milk etc. So yes.
    All liquids count. But water is usually recommended because the other drinks usually have sugar in some form (lactose in milk for example) and it is bad for the teeth (assuming you already have your calories under control).
  • chey365
    chey365 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I used to drink about a gallon of it every day one summer (pink lemonade was my favorite) and I got really skinny. I'd say go for it!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Of course! Adding flavor doesn't change the fact it is water!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I love Crystal Light! They have several good flavors.

As an alternative, OP, you could flavor your water with whatever fruit you have on hand. Or cucumber. I keep a gallon of cucumber-infused water in my fridge most of the time. Lemon and limes also work well.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I love Crystal Light! They have several good flavors.

As an alternative, OP, you could flavor your water with whatever fruit you have on hand. Or cucumber. I keep a gallon of cucumber-infused water in my fridge most of the time. Lemon and limes also work well.

I put oranges in my water :) YUM!
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am a total fiend for Crystal Light. It's ridiculous how much of it I buy on the regular.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I just add real fruit to my water.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed. I go between Crystal Light and Mio :)
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I drink the peach tea and the pink lemonade all the time or I wouldn't drink enough. Just so sad that they got rid of the cranberry apple. I have one container left and I'm saving it! Lol.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i have mio as water before not sure about crysaltlite though because of the artifical sweetnern in it.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    i have mio as water before not sure about crysaltlite though because of the artifical sweetnern in it.

Not that there is anything wrong with either but mio has artificial sweetener in it as well
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

a) Mio has artificial sweeteners also (acesulfame K and sucralose).

b) Do artificial sweeteners somehow magically turn water into something other than water?

As far as the OP - virtually any drink counts as water (milk, soda/diet soda, fruit juice, tea, coffee, sports drinks, etc., etc.). Just because something is added to water doesn't negate the hydration effects or miraculously transform it into something else. The only thing you have to be aware of (and account for) is whatever calories may happen to be in your drink of choice.