Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

MFP Friends

Options
Kvm11628
Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
With discussions about deactivated MFP friends happening a lot lately on my FL, it got me thinking about MFP friends. So, I am curious:

1. Who was your first REAL MFP friend. Not, first person on FL, but first person you considered your friend. Is s/he still active?

2. How many on your FL would you consider to be real friends, with the assumption that social network friendships can be real friendships?

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    1. @amyrc12, love her like a sister and we are even facebook friends so it's official!
    2. can't put an exact number on it but a good handful are real friends and a few of them I talk to every day. Love them as much as a friend can.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Fl sports fan was my truly first friend. We talked every day and just seemed to click. Her hubs gave her the ultimatim. Me or MFP and she was gone.

They are all friends. Yet I speak to just about ten everyday in some fashion. Then there are some that it's a few times a week. The rest due to busy lives both of us just when we can.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    man--- its hard to remember that far back. lol. I would say @lotus_luv24. A bunch of us used to have a tinychat group where we would videochat every night. She is still my friend after all these years. She totally kicks *kitten*.

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I've no idea who my first friend was.
    My best friends don't post in the forums but I've several I talk to every day.
  • jenmar222
    jenmar222 Posts: 9,279 Member
    Options
    1. Probably either @kace_kay or @JackKopCh

2. Um...there's probably about 15 or so who have been w/me a while and who I interact with closely enough consider "real" friends.
  • BreezyPeezy5
    BreezyPeezy5 Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    First mfp is @johnsonfriends
    How many? 10 that I chat with regularly
  • Nograce80
    Nograce80 Posts: 8,445 Member
    Options
    @nograce80 My friend/wifey.. We have talked on the phone for hours and giggled like school girls.. I would meet her in a heart beat :heart: She's my boo and I love her!!

Four silly hours one time!!!!!
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    I generally delete anyone who I don't interact with regularly
  • KPriceAk
    KPriceAk Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    1. Mine is long gone from here - but we have been thick as thieves for a couple years now, we text and facetime and have seen each other through some rough times... He is my best friend. This is not my first Rodeo here, I tend to disappear and come back a lot, I recognize some but most of the people I used to associate with here in the forums I don't really see..Which is ok too, nothing wrong with new friends.
    2. I am still getting to know the people on my FL but there are a couple I am warming up too.
  • synchkat
    Options
    My first real friend who I totally connected with is still on my list. She isn't a forum poster but I love her and we talk most days. I've been her virtual shoulder, she's been mine. I have many though that I consider true friends
  • your_pal_crusher
    your_pal_crusher Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends who I am pretty close with, who I've shared some personal stuff with. I also have a bunch of really supportive, hard working, awesome people on my list that I just check in with once in a while with no expectations of every-day interaction and that works pretty well for me because sometimes life (real life) gets crazy! There are also some friends on my list who I've only ever "spoken to" once or twice and that's ok too.
  • pansamanchada
    pansamanchada Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Kvm11628 wrote: »
    With discussions about deactivated MFP friends happening a lot lately on my FL, it got me thinking about MFP friends. So, I am curious:

1. Who was your first REAL MFP friend. Not, first person on FL, but first person you considered your friend. Is s/he still active?

2. How many on your FL would you consider to be real friends, with the assumption that social network friendships can be real friendships?

I used to think you can have 'real' friends on here. Because I've got to know and PM with a few of them almost daily, even the friendships transcended to IG and FB. But if someone wants to disappear they can for sure do it.

I can hang out with my real friends and I have their phone number, and we text or talk even if not daily. WIth virtual friends their availability is dependant on whether they have nothing else to do. And I totally get it RL always should trump virtual life.

I don't know where to put the threshold for a friendship to be real... when people leave MFP there's usually not traces of them at all.

I could mention a few people that I consider real friends but in my experience others see MFP pals as disposable 'friendships' so I'm learning to not get too hopeful that anyone on here will stick around indefinitely.
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    2. There's two: @slimgirljo15 & Buckshot. Also @Wolfruhn who has recently returned. :kissing:
    501. Slim is still very much here :kissing_heart: Buckshot left :cry:

3. Slimgirljo, Crispydreamer,Oberon,Morgaen and Gcibsthom, Sojournerthiteen, too. There are others who I speak to fairly frequently, also. they know who they are. :wink: :heart:

I'd love to meet them all in person. :heart:
  • Nograce80
    Nograce80 Posts: 8,445 Member
    Options
    Tbh my friend list is pretty much a bff list. Only like the last four added aren't.
  • synchkat
    Options
    Nograce80 wrote: »
    Tbh my friend list is pretty much a bff list. Only like the last four added aren't.

phew check I wasn't one of the last 4 :)

Loving this pic btw
  • Mr_Stabbems
    Mr_Stabbems Posts: 4,773 Member
    Options
    1. Umm I can't remember
    2. I forgot the question
    3. The ones i meet up with seem to not be active anymore. Curiously they're not deactivated they just don't post...
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    Well, I think Gary @gcibsthom was the first person I deeply connected on a friend level. I think I have about 7 that I chat with on a daily basis both inside and outside of MFP. And there's 1 who left because he felt there was too much estrogen, and I chat with him several times a week. Plans are in the works for us to meet during my summer travels.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    MrsBooBear wrote: »
    2. There's two: @slimgirljo15 & Buckshot. Also @Wolfruhn who has recently returned. :kissing:

3. Slimgirljo, Crispydreamer,Oberon,Morgaen and Gcibsthom, Sojournerthiteen, too. There are others who I speak to fairly frequently, also. they know who they are. :wink: :heart:

@MrsBooBear ...always been there for me..she knows me like no other ..thanks Boo my sweet sista <3
    And the lovely @FabulousFantasticFifty
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    Options
    MrsBooBear wrote: »

@MrsBooBear ...always been there for me..she knows me like no other ..thanks Boo my sweet sista <3
    And the lovely @FabulousFantasticFifty

:heart: :kissing_heart: