What's your favorite healthy meal?

Options
100poundsx
100poundsx Posts: 87 Member
I plan my meals two weeks at a time so I know exactly what to buy at the store but I'm tired of eating the same meals! What's your favorite healthy meal you make? Links/recipes are encouraged!

Replies

• jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I happen to eat a meal at breakfast that is fairly low in calories,filling and tastes pretty good. Its healthy for the most part in my opinion. But I usualy cook 2/3 cup of obrien potatoes in a small amount of butter and add 1/4 of onions,1/4 cup of green bell pepper and 1/4 cup of turkey sausage crumbles. So its a good source of protein and veggies in the morning.
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Idk if your the type of person who like to do smoothies for breakfast but here's a link to a recipe for a sweet potato pie flavored smoothie that is very filling and makes a good breakfast smoothie or even good for a filling snack http://pin.it/nOoRPbu
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Emilybites.com
    Skinnytaste.com
    Dashingdish.com

Pinterest also has a lot of good ideas.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Eggs for breakfast (I love eggs and never get tired of them!)
    Tuna for lunch
    Greek yogurt with protein powder and almonds for a snack
    Beef or chicken with roasted veggies or a gigantic salad for dinner
  • allysacatherinemcallister
    Options
    Eggwhites with chopped turkey and a few dashes of hot sauce scrambled.

Tuna with a super small amount of mayo wrapped in green lettuce.

• nikkxjohnson
    nikkxjohnson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love my breakfast. I make a delicious oatmeal. 1/4 oat bran, 1/4 rolled oats,1scoop protein powder, 1/4 cup blueberries, 1 small banana, and a mixture of Hempstead, flaxseed, and chia seed sprinkled on top. It keeps me full throughout my workout and all the way until lunch. My lunches and dinners are pretty boring since I never have time to cook. I just make a lot of rice and beans on Sundays and find random ingredients to mix in during the week. It just depends on what veggies I have that week
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast (I use whole grain bread) This keeps me full and it doesn't feel heavy for a morning workout.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/21484/peanut-butter-and-banana-french-toast/

Lunch: Baked potato, cheddar cheese with sour cream or a veggie omelet with cheddar cheese, sour cream and picante sauce

Dinner: One of my favorites is so easy. One pound of beef stew meat with 1 beef bullion cube and water to cover meat half way. Simmer for 2 hours with lid. (I don't even flour and brown the meat before hand anymore). Accompanied by brown rice and broccoli. My husband likes his with brown gravy since he's not fond of brown rice.
  • cb2bslim
    Options
    Something I discovered when it comes to salads (in order to get my veggies in). Using a glass measuring cup and scissors, I cut my lettuce and spinach to make a "chopped salad". I can actually fill up on salad because visually it doesn't look like a lot so you keep chopping more. lol Add your other salad favorites and you got yourself a nice meal.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hmm, I don't think I could pick a favorite healthy meal. For sure spaghetti with red sauce and venison meatballs would be one. But thick cut pork chops cook on the grill with cinnamon apples and collard greens would also be one. And I absolutely love brussel sprouts sautéed with smoked sausage. Chicken marsala is another favorite, as is pineapple, onion, arugula and hot Italian sausage pizza. And my husband makes the best blackened catfish I've ever tasted. That is a definite favorite with any veggie side. He also makes a mean jambalaya that I'd never say no too.

Geez, I could go on and on. Sorry I don't have any links but I don't use recipes when I cook.
  • cb2bslim
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    Greek yogurt with protein powder

On another post, I think you were the one stating to freeze the two together and it tastes like ice cream. I definitely have to try that!! I love Greek yogurt!

• sdelrie98
    sdelrie98 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs (lightly salted) with 1/2 pink grapefruit on the side (Texas Sweet Scarlets are my favorite)
    Or- wrap made with whole grain and flax tortilla, scrambled egg, pan warmed ham or turkey, shredded cheddar jack, and picante sauce. Can also put black or green olives.

Lunch: wrap: take a tortilla (I like either Extreme Wellness spinach and herb or Santa Fe homestyle whole grain and flax) and spread about a tablespoon of light cream cheese on it, sprinkle with about a tsp of finely chopped fresh green onion, top with about 2 oz of shredded grilled or pan cooked chicken breast, sprinkle with about an oz of shredded cheese of choice (depending on how I season the chicken; if with Mexican spices, I use Mexican style cheese, if I use Italian seasoning, I use Mozzarella and Parmesan, if I use Cajun seasoning, I use triple cheddar cheese), If I do the Italian wrap, I add fresh sliced mushrooms, if I make the Mexican wrap sometimes I use a little salsa and black olives, finally, I cover with a handful of organic mixed baby greens, wrap it up and enjoy. These wraps are very filling. And they are just as good sans cream cheese and/or green onions.

Snack: 1 cup Dannon light and fit vanilla Greek yogurt with 1/2 to 1 banana and a serving of lightly salted mixed nuts all folded together.

For sweet cravings I love Muscle Pharm's Birthday Cake Combat Crunch bar (it tastes kind of like fruity pebbles to me, but better)

Dinner- oven fried chicken or venison and parmesan panko baked zucchini fries (I like to cut them kind of thick so I can really taste the zucchini)

• VitaSh
    VitaSh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I try to start my day with my most favorite meal and end it with one too :)
    Overnight oats with greek yogurt, favorite flavor protein powder, tiny bit of cashew milk, stevia, fruit (yum)
    Homemade protein waffle with peanut butter on top (my second protein scoop of the day, egg, coconut flour)
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast- 1 egg, 3 egg whites scrambles with 1/2 oz mozzarella, bran buds and milk

Lunch- grilled marinated pork tenderloin with roasted potatoes with peppers

Dinner, I have a lot of favorites but salmon baked with blackening seasoning, white rice made with some coconut milk mixed in and black beans. Look up the Goya black bean and rice recipe, that's what I use. So delicious and super healthy.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    A big bowl of raw cabbage, topped with a decent portion (few ounces) of cooked ground beef, topped with a cheese sauce made of cream and sharp cheddar. I really can't get enough of it!
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    24 ounce Ribeye with Horse radish or Blue cheese, mushrooms and Onions grilled in butter
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Veggie pizza with anchovies!!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is usually a smoothie.Main meal is home made bean soup with salad on the side or lettuce wraps.
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Breakfast: crumpet with a fried egg on top (fake McMuffin)
    Lunch: salad of salmon fillet (230g) with feta (45g), lettuce, jalapeño, lemon juice dressing

Greek yogurt for the protein with a bit of splenda
  • 100poundsx
    100poundsx Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Emilybites.com
    Skinnytaste.com
    Dashingdish.com

Pinterest also has a lot of good ideas.

I think I've made and eaten every "healthy meal" on Pinterest lol. I sometimes find one and add it to my board :)
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Options
    My baby sister taught me this one (she's an exercise freak):

Thaw some frozen mixed berries. Top with plain, non-fat yogurt. Sprinkle with slivered almonds and some rolled oats. Pretty darn yummy and satisfying.