Exercising and breaking out..

Options
hiyomi
hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
I've always tended to break out in pimples on my face whenever I start exercising. I've tried washing my face right after with a face wash and even without face wash, but to no avail, I still break out. Anyone have any tips to prevent this from happening?

Replies

• ahlevato
    ahlevato Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What I usually do is shower immediately after working out. While in the shower I wash my face. First with Biore pore uncloger, second with Clean and clear morning burst. The first opens my pores and the second washes in them, its has really helped me! Hope this helps! Feel free to add me!
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    What kind of pimples- sebaceous filaments, blackheads, whiteheads, pustules or cysts?

I would try washing your face before working out- with a anti-inflammatory/ anti-bacterial wash/lotion such as freederm lotion. I like an oil-based cleansing lotion (I like Clarins with gentian- its expensive for a basic product but it smells nice) - massaged in to dissolve the make-up and washed off with warm water and a flannel. Use a seperate eye make-up remover with cotton pads (use an oil-based one like the Lancôme one - it removes mascara better and also conditions your lashes) Always exercise make-up free.

Use an oil absorbing moisturiser afterwards on the greasy bits (a normal lotion on the other bits if necessary). I like Clarins Hydramatte- just on my T-zone (but wherever you need it really) Overnight you could try a glycolic (AHA) serum/lotion to unblock pores and break down dead skin. My favourite has been long discontinued (I'm still using up my supplies so I haven't found a replacement yet). Maybe the Clinique toner used a serum and left-on. (my favourite is a watery liquid that I pat on- so maybe this will be similar?. I use sometimes Clarins brightening toner this way)

You will need to use SPF cream in the day if using a BHA or AHA product. Make sure it is full-spectrum. I use La Poche Rosay (not the mate version!- see below)

You should avoid all products containing silicone/ dimethecone/ silica as they block pores horrendously. Its in loads of things now - so read the ingredients. Its in mattifying products and primers and foundations- but also some skincare. Paula Begoin (Paulas choice) refuses to believe that it clogs pores and puts it in all her products - to maybe avoid those. Avoid alcohol toners too (herbal ones are harmless- but also useless).

The best exfoliator is a damp muslin cloth (much better than the beads/ grains). Try leaving a heavier layer of AHA on for 30 mins before to start to break down dead skin- and then buff off with damp cloth. Wash face after.

I have a clarisonic which I use with Clarins Cottonseed face wash (because I love the scent), once a day. It was expensive but it really has made a difference too my skin. Do not rub with it or move it too fast- just let it glide over your skin and get into the chin and nose creases.

I have an amazing eye cream that actually works too.

Good luck