11.3 kilos down! :) Still a bit more to go (pictures)

Options
dtlp
dtlp Posts: 46 Member
gfan550mfoam.jpeg
3tlmkskh4v39.jpeg
The first photo I was 64kgs, I was unhappy, had a bad alcohol habit and didn't look after myself properly. That was last February. The second I am 52.7kgs (which is my current weight). I am a much more positive person now, control my drinking and look after my body. My goal weight is 50kgs, and then I want to lose body fat (I'm currently at 25.8%) and tone up! Even though I have a bit more work to go, looking back at the before photo makes me appreciate how far I've come so far. :)

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Doing very well--congrats and keep it going.
  • dtlp
    Options
    Doing very well--congrats and keep it going.

Thank you! :)
  • emz_1993
    emz_1993 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Looking amazing!! Keep it up!
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Wow well done!
  • dtlp
    Options
    emz_1993 wrote: »
    Looking amazing!! Keep it up!
    Wow well done!

Thanks guys :)
  • fulaless
    fulaless Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ees,eeee da 1ddeede da eedd da see Luo e efe6ed3dfee1 I'll 6i67ooj4533vIofrr6
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • dtlp
    Options
    hunter0922 wrote: »
    Look great!
    ZDeb16 wrote: »
    great job!

Thanks so much! :)
  • slowandsteady44
    slowandsteady44 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done :) if you don't mind me asking how many calories did you stick to each day?
  • dtlp
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done :) if you don't mind me asking how many calories did you stick to each day?

I try to stick to 1200 calories per day. When I lost most of the weight, I would stick to 1200 calories, run everyday and never eat back the calories I burnt. I didn't track macros either. The food I ate was mostly carbs.
    I've been quite slack since Christmas and I'm surprised I've actually managed to lose more weight. But I'm still trying to stick to the 1200, and slowly getting back to working out everyday. Hope this helps :)
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! If you don't mind me asking, how did you work on controlling the alcohol? That's definitely been a roadblock for me too.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate your reply, thank you :) I just sent you a friend request and message.

"For me it was easy because the choice was either I kept drinking and stayed the same, a person I hated and someone who was very mentally ill... Or I stopped and worked on getting better, loving myself and loving life."- this part especially really stood out to me. I know that my drinking is definitely a symptom of the larger problem of depression, anxiety, lack of confidence, etc. Sometimes I'm totally fine but then I get in a funk and I get what I call "a case of the F***-Its" and then I binge- on food, on alcohol, anything. With food, I've been working hard to be able to treat myself without binging and it's actually being going really well. I'd like to do the same with alcohol but I do think I'll need to quit entirely for a while to get to that point.
  • dtlp
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    I really appreciate your reply, thank you :) I just sent you a friend request and message.

"For me it was easy because the choice was either I kept drinking and stayed the same, a person I hated and someone who was very mentally ill... Or I stopped and worked on getting better, loving myself and loving life."- this part especially really stood out to me. I know that my drinking is definitely a symptom of the larger problem of depression, anxiety, lack of confidence, etc. Sometimes I'm totally fine but then I get in a funk and I get what I call "a case of the F***-Its" and then I binge- on food, on alcohol, anything. With food, I've been working hard to be able to treat myself without binging and it's actually being going really well. I'd like to do the same with alcohol but I do think I'll need to quit entirely for a while to get to that point.

I used to binge eat too, so I understand how hard it can be to stop that habit also. I did the same for binge eating as alcohol. I just told myself 'I don't do that anymore'. It is a challenge to change your mindset, but it is worth it. As losing weight and staying healthy really comes down to how you think.
    Not keeping food that you usually binge on in the house will help. I do not buy snack foods anymore. Also, when you feel the need to binge coming on, try to be self aware of what has triggered it. Drink lots of water, wash your face and try to distract yourself. Treating yourself occasionally is a good way to stop a binge from coming on. Or even a 'cheat meal' once a week. Decide what you want, how much of it you're going to have, and let that be your treat for the week.

Alcohol is harder to deal with because, even after one drink it can cloud your judgement and you can lose control. I strongly suggest cutting it out completely. When you are confident you can control yourself, use the drink limit. Drink your drinks slowly and drink water in between.

I still slip up sometimes. There have been times where a binge has happened, where I've had too much alcohol in one night. When those things happen, reevaluate where you're at, why it's happened again and remind yourself of your goals and why you're doing this. It's a long, tough process, but it's worth it!
  • trollerskates
    trollerskates Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good job, what did you do?
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great job on the loss of alcohol as well. You should be very proud of yourself :)
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Stay strong.
  • dtlp
    Options
    Good job, what did you do?

I did all the above. 1200 calories. I eat clean (I eat a mainly vegan diet). Running almost everyday. No alcohol. :)
  • dtlp
    Options
    Congrats! Great job on the loss of alcohol as well. You should be very proud of yourself :)
    GoJohnGo71 wrote: »
    Congrats. Stay strong.

Thank you both so much :)
  • mickhart13
    mickhart13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Treasure your temple like your doing daily
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!