Do you have a treat day/night?

Options

Replies

• LoveEpifanie
    LoveEpifanie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do have a treat night. Every Friday is girls night and we go out to eat and then maybe make some dessert. I don't really eat crazy amounts. I try my best to stay under maintenance still and I don't eat for the rest of the day to save up those calories. It hasn't set me back so far but I am just in the initial stage of my weight loss.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I have a snack in the middle of the day. No eating after 8pm each day.
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Nope. Because that will throw off my progress because I can't control myself and I know myself well enough to just not indulge like that. Instead I just make room for things I love or I find a low calorie version of a favorite recipe. Even at restaurants I find I can re-create my favorite meals and shave off more than half the calories.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Nope. If I don't learn to fit in my favorite foods and treats while losing, how can I expect to maintain my weight for life? I make those things work in my daily caloric limit.
  • rachelrwright
    rachelrwright Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YES! I've been on MFP for 3 years and have maintained my weight loss (more or less) and the only way I can do it is by eating 1200 calories on Monday through Thursday and not counting on the weekends. I hate feeling like I'm missing out when at a social event and saying "no" then would require way more self-control from me than it does to eat salad for lunch every weekday at work. Everyone is different though. Depends on your lifestyle. I love my weekend blow-outs.
  • rachelrwright
    rachelrwright Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    However I should also add that I exercise almost every day.
  • Rosefern1
    Rosefern1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do cheat days, but even on those days I still try to eat a little healthy and stay within my calorie limit. The other day I splurged and had chicken tenders (about 350 cal) for dinner. I also reward myself for meeting my small goals as long as I still have a calorie defect.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    No I make goodies fit in daily. I buy fancy chocolate bars and break them up for the week. Then right before bed I enjoy a bit.
    Himalayan Sea salt is my favorite.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    yup. date night once a week. Eat whatever i want. appetizers, drinks, dessert. lost 100 pounds this way. While we still have date night every week, its a bit more impactful on progress now that I am within 5 pounds of my goal. Do I care? not really. it works for me.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i dont do cheat days, but sometimes i do have a "treat". for me its snickers bar or a coke. by sometimes i mean not very often...once or twice a month.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    No I don't. When my social life means that a restaurant meal or drinks are on the cards I plan that into my daily/weekly allowance.

This is what I do. I exercise more on these days.
  • critterbug15
    critterbug15 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    Nope. If I don't learn to fit in my favorite foods and treats while losing, how can I expect to maintain my weight for life? I make those things work in my daily caloric limit.

The difference is that, when losing, you're at a calorie deficit. If you can fit treats in while maintaining your deficit, great. But I do eat more "treats" when maintaining than when restricting calories.

If it works for you and others, again, that's great. But not treating yourself while on restricted consumption does not mean that you will not know how to eat responsibly when maintaining.
  • xAmeenahx
    xAmeenahx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Every sunday I treat myself to a little something sweet :)
  • critterbug15
    critterbug15 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Closer to goal BF%, I have a free day. I can't cut as many calories with less fat stores so it helps with energy levels when leaner and also I feel better about doing it. I have also had to do it periodically in the last 8 weeks - 2 meals that I can think of - because on a prolonged deficit I start to feel like crud and a refeed helps.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    More like I have A treat A day, every day. Today I'm going to have some PB nutella, maybe on toast, maybe on a spoon. Maybe with milk. Depends on how many calories dinner ends up being.
  • CrystalArmstrong1
    CrystalArmstrong1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I do but I'm thinking about cutting them out. They seem to derail me so bad it isn't even worth it to me.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I sure do. I don't schedule them but they are a part of life. This weekend I am going to a big birthday blowout and I'm sure the calorie count will be more than double what I normally eat. No big deal. It's not as if I do that every week.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Treats are an every day thing for me.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I eat up to 2,500 calories every Friday and Saturday, it hasn't impacted my weightloss, but I do weigh 267 lbs....
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    On a normal day, if I want something, I fit it into my allowance. I save my non-logging cheat days for special occasions only.