need a bit of help...

Options
well i haven't everyday been eating back the calories that i burnt during exercise and ive come to a bit of a stall.. should i start eating my calories burnt through exercise? if you want you can run through my diary and i would take any advice, thanks :)

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    It is hard to tell since your diary is not open.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Your diary is set to privat.

Are you weighing or guesstimating portions? Many times this is the biggest culprit.
  • jackdub1
    jackdub1 Posts: 24
    Options
    its open now people :)
  • jackdub1
    Options
    i weigh everything mate! have been the pass 2 months
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Yes, eat all of your exercise calories. I would say that your calorie goal to begin with is a bit low. Did you set your goal to lose 2 pounds per week? It should be set to half a pound a week because you don't have very much left to lose.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat back your calories yet. Try changing the way you exercise first. That always helps me when I plateau.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    He is a 20 year old male set to 1500 calories.
  • jackdub1
    Options
    yeah i set it to lose 2 pounds a week, but i still have excess fat around the pecs, belly, things and everywhere that i want to lose, i think im around 18% bf or 17% i just want to cut down lower, and i haven't lost anything(well the scales hasn't gone down)
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Well the thing is, it is impossible for you to lose 2 pounds per week. You should have a smaller calorie deficit the closer you are to your goal weight. To lose fat, eat at a small calorie deficit and strength train.
  • jackdub1
    Options
    your post confuses me could your elaborate a bit more? i do weight training have been since the start of the year whilst i have been on this cut, iv lost 3 stone but have come to a "halt"
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Well the thing is, it is impossible for you to lose 2 pounds per week. You should have a smaller calorie deficit the closer you are to your goal weight. To lose fat, eat at a small calorie deficit and strength train.

^This!

Weight loss is not linear ....the less weight you have to lose .... the slower it comes off (unfortunately). A smaller deficit to maintain muscle mass.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    your post confuses me could your elaborate a bit more? i do weight training have been since the start of the year whilst i have been on this cut, iv lost 3 stone but have come to a "halt"

Set your calorie goal to lose half a pound a week. This will give you more calories to eat. Your body is not going to continue to lose weight at the same rate. And your goal is to lose fat, correct? Continue to strength train and give your body enough fuel.
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    Your body is going to fight to keep that last bit of reserved energy. If you bring your goal to.5-1 lb weekly you will see your body wore willing to let go of the fat stores. Remember fat is the bodies natural defense against lean times. Up your intake and let your body adjust and you will begin to see the losses again.
  • jackdub1
    Options
    i got you this time, thanks :) so how can i change that? how do i up my intake? and i do find it hard to eat more than what i already have, so im going to struggle to put away more food, and what if i dont see results (have a holiday to spain in 2 weeks and wanted to lose about 4 more pounds) :( guess that wont happen!
  • jackdub1
    Options
    so i should knock it down to 1 pound a week and then gradually to .5 a pound?
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    Go to settings and up diet and fitness profile.
  • jackdub1
    Options
    found it there mate, thanks. This is scary haven to eat more food cause iv been on this deficit for the past couple of months :/
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    so i should knock it down to 1 pound a week and then gradually to .5 a pound?
    Doing that will help you adjust slowly which isn't bad but not nesiary.
  • jackdub1
    Options
    okay, i don't know how this is going to work but ill try, nice one man!
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    found it there mate, thanks. This is scary haven to eat more food cause iv been on this deficit for the past couple of months :/
    You can get there by just adding 1 whole egg to your breakfast. Add a snack or two to your day and maybe cooking with some oils.