What should I do ??

Options
I lost 35lbs in 12 months, slow and steady. Since Feb I've gained 14lb back. My daily routines changed and I don't seem able to sort my eating habits out. Here's my basic day...

4.50 am. Up for work
6.00 work. ..Black coffee
10 am banana water
2pm home sandwich crisps biscuit
5.30 pm main meal..chicken, rice veg
9pm bed
10pm sleep til alarm for work.

Problem ;;
No energy for workout. ..tired all the time. Lost confidence with weight gain. I'm 48 female. 5ft 140lbs.

Need advice for energy. No problems with health had bloods checked.

Please help...thanks. :)

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    dawniemate wrote: »
    4.50 am. Up for work
    6.00 work. ..Black coffee
    10 am banana water
    2pm home sandwich crisps biscuit
    5.30 pm main meal..chicken, rice veg
    9pm bed
    10pm sleep til alarm for work.

And ... how many calories does that add up to?

• MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Get your thyroid checked as well.

Are you logging your food and getting enough nutrients in? Looks like there's not enough food on your list.
    That's like a meal and a half for me.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Food examples are not as good as numbers.

TDEE before exercise. Subtract 250 to 500 from that. Add in HALF the exercise calories when you exercise.

Beware with exercising... if you burn 300 in a nice run and end up eating 400 more because of it... well, that isn't going to help for weight loss.

You might want to check out some meal timing plans like Intermittent Fasting (8hr-16hr split of 2day-5day split). I have found this to be a bit better for me when I got back into MFP.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    That doesn't appear to be many Calories at all. My first thought is, "no energy? no kidding." How many Calories is that?
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Calories add up to 1400.a day. I'm on my feet at work all day. Usually do 11000 steps. Need energy for the gym...My thyroid was checked and is fine. ..Many thanks
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Maybe try getting more sleep?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Calories add up to 1400.a day. I'm on my feet at work all day. Usually do 11000 steps. Need energy for the gym...My thyroid was checked and is fine. ..Many thanks

1400 calories. Are you eating back any of your earned exercise calories? Could you give us an idea of how your macros breakdown? My first thought is that you aren't eating enough to sustain your activity levels.
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I tried sleeping for half an hour late afternoon but couldn't sleep when I got in bed! I tried eating 1800 calories but felt worse. .sluggish.
    Think I need to change jobs! :wink:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I tried sleeping for half an hour late afternoon but couldn't sleep when I got in bed! I tried eating 1800 calories but felt worse. .sluggish.

Macro split? Getting enough carbs? Enough iron? Enough vitamin D? Enough fat? Enough protein? Recently cut down on caffeine or any other stimulants? etc. etc. There are tons of different things that can cause fatigue, but you haven't given us a lot of information and none of us are really qualified to diagnose you anyway. Either switch jobs or make an appt with your doc.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options

Please change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

You're getting 11,000 steps but it doesn't sound like you're regularly eating the calories you've earned from that. What did you eat for the extra 400 calories?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? I'd eat a few less carbs and a little more protein. How about an egg with your morning coffee? And switch out the afternoon biscuit with protein as well. Maybe a Greek Yogurt.

If you aren't used to naps it will take a while. Make it a ritual. Maybe a hot cocoa sweetened with Stevia and a boring book. Play some white noise in the background v
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options

Are you losing weight with 1400 calories and how much?
    You are about 10 lbs above a healthy weight for your height so you should be trying to lose .5 lb a week- no more than 1 lb a week. If you get 11,000 steps a day you are pretty active. It seems like you should be able to lose weight if you are consuming 1400 calories. If you aren't check the accuracy of your logging. Use a food scale if you are not.

For energy- get more sleep, try spreading out your calorie intake more throughout the day
    Are you getting enough protein, fats, vegetables/fruits? If you eat what you describe it doesn't seem like you would be so maybe change the type of food you are eating. Bread, rice, crisps and biscuits may not be helping you function as well as more nutrient packed foods would.
  • AmyWebb2
    AmyWebb2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Have you had your blood checked to make sure you're not anemic? I was exhausted like you are describing and when they checked mine, I had to go into the hospital in critical condition because my iron and oxygen stores were so low. I didn't even know that was a "thing."
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Are you sleeping enough? An extra hour could do you a world of good!
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Go to bed an hour earlier. Maybe try to bump up the protein and decrease carbs. Also, try drinking extra water upon waking and throughout the day. Mild dehydration can cause fatigue.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    That really doesnt sound like 1400 calories thats less than i eat and i struggle to get 1000 somedays. You can definatly add in more fruits160601veggies for the energy