is there a way to log weight training that factors its calories?

Options
I primarily do weight training and interval work. Wondering the best way to log this? They strength exercise log doesnt have many exercises and doesnt factor calories.

Replies

• Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    There is a strength training option under the cardio exercises, which will factor calorie burn into your day.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    There is a strength training option under the cardio exercises, which will factor calorie burn into your day.

In my MFP experience it doesn't, which may be why he's asking the question. Unfortunately I'm not logging any calorie burn from weight training as MFP doesn't calculate anything and I don't have a wearable device yet to get better accuracy
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

In my MFP experience it doesn't, which may be why he's asking the question. Unfortunately I'm not logging any calorie burn from weight training as MFP doesn't calculate anything and I don't have a wearable device yet to get better accuracy

What she's saying is the way to log calories burned for strength training. The strength training section is only there to keep track of what sets/reps you did. Search for strength training in the exercise database and you'll find a calorie estimate.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

@rideclercq4
    You aren't looking in the right part of the diary - cardio section.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

What she's saying is the way to log calories burned for strength training. The strength training section is only there to keep track of what sets/reps you did. Search for strength training in the exercise database and you'll find a calorie estimate.
    sijomial wrote: »

@rideclercq4
    You aren't looking in the right part of the diary - cardio section.

I had no idea. Thanks!