Exercises to help tone back fat.

Options
JD0710
JD0710 Posts: 26 Member
The title pretty much asks the question. Any advice on toning of my back?

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    you can't tone fat.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Sonya is correct. You can lose fat and strengthen and build muscle, but you can't tone fat. If you would like to strengthen and/or build muscles in your back, a few good exercises are rows and lat pulldown and pullups. There are a variety of forms of each.
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It's simply a matter of 'toning' everything and by toning I mean losing fat. As you lose the fat and exercise accordingly you will strengthen the area and eventually develop more defined (noticeable) muscle in a particular area. It's been said a million times on this board, "you can't spot reduce." For me, strengthening my lower back means planks and bear crawls. I have no access to weights.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lose fat by eating at a deficit. Get your rows, pull ups, and lat pulls on.

I posted this and then realized that my profile pic is of my back progress lol. OP...I ate at a deficit to lose fat, and strength trained to preserve muscle.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Table push-aways. Others are correct, you can't tone fat. You need to lose it.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Lose more fat.

Think about it this way: What if you built the muscle under the fat, without losing the fat. Wouldn't you just look bigger?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Best advice I've ever read about "toning": http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/muscle-tone/