Should I be taking measurements?

I've been at this for over a month now without seeing much of a loss on the scale. However, I noticed that when I flex my arms, I actually see a slight bulge where I didn't before. Should I start taking circumferences of arms, waist, thighs, hips, etc.? I really need that belly fat to go down...

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Yes, take some measurements! What's the worse that would happen?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Yes.
  • huntersmom2016
    huntersmom2016 Posts: 185 Member
    Absolutely take measurements!!! Just for the sheer fun of it! It was awesome the first time I was able to compare beginning measurements with current ones. The numbers on a scale are great, but they don't tell the whole story. Seeing your measurements change can be a huge motivator.
  • MynameisChester
    MynameisChester Posts: 107 Member
    I would encourage you too. Taking measurements, looking at the mirror, and a photo every 3 months or so has shown me better results than the scale ever did. Best of luck!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Absolutely take measurements!!! Just for the sheer fun of it! It was awesome the first time I was able to compare beginning measurements with current ones. The numbers on a scale are great, but they don't tell the whole story. Seeing your measurements change can be a huge motivator.

^^What she said. It's really important. And take pictures too. That's hard, I know. But you will be glad you did when you can look back and see your progress.
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    I only recently started taking measurements about 15 lbs ago, and wish I had my starting measurements. I felt it was great to have something else to look at besides the number on the scale to see progress. It's kind of magical in a way to see how much things have changed already!