Knee surgery buddies!

Options
Linzon
Linzon Posts: 294 Member
Hi! I just had ACL reconstruction surgery yesterday, and had a knee scope back in February for a damaged meniscus. I injured my knee back in January playing Ultimate Frisbee, did a bad cut and pop, there it went.

I've been on MFP for over a year now and at the moment I'm about 10lbs away from my goal weight. I'm taking a week or so off of tracking and then eating at maintenance for a while, or even at a small surplus. After my last surgery I found I started dropping weight even while eating at my usual maintenance calories so I'm willing to put in a couple of pounds to make sure my body is getting what it needs while it heals.

I'd love to find some other people who've gone through the same thing!

Replies

• chadgledhill
    chadgledhill Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've gone through both my knee's, and one knee twice... just make sure you never miss therapy and go through the painful excersice no matter what.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have had three right knee total knee replacements in three year time frame. Deffentely follow your therapist instructions and do the exercises. Eat healthy and drink your water. I was still able to loose weight while I was in rehab the last time between surgery and part of that rehab time was totaly non weight bearing exercises because I had a broken tiba and only spacers in till the infection cleared and they were able to replace the knee.