2lb a week, is it true?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Stop with the "accidently" gaining muscle weight.

Everybody knows muscle weighs more than fat so she should be gaining weight!
    /
    \
    /
    \
    /
    serious sarcasm don'tcha know
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options

I think only people who are quite overweight can consistently loose 2 lbs per week.

I have 27 pounds to lose . I consistently lose 2 pounds per week on 1200 calories per day.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I think only people who are quite overweight can consistently loose 2 lbs per week.

I have 27 pounds to lose . I consistently lose 2 pounds per week on 1200 calories per day.

That's because you constantly net under 1200, which is not very healthy.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    rhsdancer5 wrote: »
    Also if you're working out your muscles could be gaining weight why your fat is lowering. Making it seem like no weight difference

how do muscles gain weight? and she wont be gaining weight by gaining muscle on 1200 or less calories
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options

No one said it's not possible. It's just not advisable. If you don't have a lot to lose and lose at such an aggressive rate you will be losing a great deal of muscle...so those 2 lbs of weight is not fat...it's fat AND a good deal of muscle. That is why slower loss is recommended once you are close to goal weight. Simply put... losing fast does not equal GOOD... it's really not. Slower loss + strength training is for best results looks wise.
  • raziak528
    raziak528 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the awesome input from you guys. I literally track every crumb that goes in my mouth. I think since began my workout regimen the same time as 1200 cal I'm not seeing the 2lb like most of you said about muscle/fat loss. I'm just going to keep on going and not focus so much on the poundage
  • SlimMommy19
    SlimMommy19 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How do your clothes fit? Women can go up and down depending on hormones, salt intake and etc. :-)

I actually gained weight my first week on mfp and it was so discouraging. Only during the second week did the lbs go.

Also, if you don't have much to lose it is exponentially harder. You look gorgeous. Try not to focus on the scale!!!
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    you are working out 3x week. Great.

Now add 20 minutes walks 3 additional days of the week. Just stroll around your neighbourhood-or walk at lunch or whatever.

It will help
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    you are working out 3x week. Great.

Now add 20 minutes walks 3 additional days of the week. Just stroll around your neighbourhood-or walk at lunch or whatever.

It will help

all thats needed for weight loss is a deficit. extra exercise even walking will just give her a bit larger deficit for that day but 3 days a week is fine. why does she have to add 20 min walks 3x a week?
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    raziak528 wrote: »
    Hello All,

I have been logging for over 1 month now, staying within 1200 calories with a goal of -2lb a week and trying to maintain my macros as well. However I have not been seeing a -2lb/week results. Is it because it's still early? Has anyone else experienced this or can give me some advice?

Weight loss is also not a linear process. Hormone variation in women can account for a 3-5 # swing, for example. Look at where you are 5 weeks from start to get your "weekly average." As long as it's going in the right direction, you're good :)
  • raziak528
    raziak528 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How do your clothes fit? Women can go up and down depending on hormones, salt intake and etc. :-)

I actually gained weight my first week on mfp and it was so discouraging. Only during the second week did the lbs go.

Also, if you don't have much to lose it is exponentially harder. You look gorgeous. Try not to focus on the scale!!!

My clothes are actually fitting better and I can feel my body has tightened up. I am craving less junk. I think I was really taking this whole 2lb/week thing as a hard and fast rule but now I see it's subjective and different for everyone :) everyone here is so nice and helpful!!

• agawnursing
    agawnursing Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    0.5 to 1 lb per week is a healthy weight loss rate
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Pound per week goals
    75+ lbs set to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs set to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs set to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs set to lose 1 -.50 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs set to lose 0.5 lbs range

I kind of have a question about this- I know it's just a general example guideline, but I think it's not quite applicable to everyone unless I'm interpreting it incorrectly. Are the lbs to lose based on an individual's goal weight? Because a person who's personal goal is to get to 175 lbs vs 120 lbs is going to be very different. I would say it's reasonable that someone who is 190 with a goal of 175 could go faster than 0.5 lbs/week.
    I'm not pretending to know anything about anything, I'm no expert- I'm just wondering what general numbers you were basing that scale on, or if there are other reasons to follow that chart regardless of goal weight.