pausing during level 1 shred

Options
myaminals
myaminals Posts: 197 Member
anyone have to pause multiple times during level one of 30 day shred? how long before you could do it without? day five still pausing for breaks.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    I didn't have to pause, but if you do, it is fine.
    Work your way along to completing the first stage. If it takes 30 days to complete one stage without pausing that is great- you are progressing.

Go at a pace that you are comfortable with, but always pushing for the challenge.

I can't quite remember what the cardio component was, just that it was high impact. I substituted with step ups for a low impact move that I felt was better than walking in place.

Keep working on it and don't get discouraged.

Cheers, h.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I can run a 10k in an hour without stopping and I still have to stop a beat from time to time doing Shred!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I paused sometimes I modified a movement. But yes my body didn't like it. But don't worry keep at it you will surprise yourself
    Good luck
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone for your input! I will keep at it until i can without pausing the dvd.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Great to hear @myanimals.
    I always think if I can complete something right away without a bit of a struggle it is too easy and I should try something a bit more challenging.

I also love the feeling when I can at last work through the routine without feeling like I need a nap after.

Cheers, h.