Sleep over working out?

When I work 13-12-or even 14 hour days for a month it was hard to debate what was more important for my weight loss a 6 hour sleep if I'm lucky or lose that hour working out and get only 5 hour sleep???advise?

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    When I work 13-12-or even 14 hour days for a month it was hard to debate what was more important for my weight loss a 6 hour sleep if I'm lucky or lose that hour working out and get only 5 hour sleep???advise?

Sleep is the most important thing
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Sleep.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Sleep
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Sleep.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Sleep!

When I'm tired it's definitely easy for me to overeat to the tune of 1,000+ calories if I'm not careful, which would totally negate the 200-300 calorie burn of a workout.
  • tolose21702
    tolose21702 Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you everyone this will definently help me and my job is already pretty active and on my feet the whole time....
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    you don't have to choose. You can lose weight with diet alone.

It's so important to get good sleep! So don't worry about killing yourself at the gym!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Deffo sleep
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Sleep is way more important. As previous posters have stayed it you can lose the weight without the exercise but you definitely need to sleep.

Saw a documentary on television one time about Navy Seals and their training. During hell week which lasts for approximately 6 days they get a total of 10 or 15 hours sleep over those six days. The way the body compensates for not sleeping is by eating. during that time the seals can consume 8 thousand calories a day to keep them going.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Sleep is way more important. As previous posters have stayed it you can lose the weight without the exercise but you definitely need to sleep.

Saw a documentary on television one time about Navy Seals and their training. During hell week which lasts for approximately 6 days they get a total of 10 or 15 hours sleep over those six days. The way the body compensates for not sleeping is by eating. during that time the seals can consume 8 thousand calories a day to keep them going.

Yes. That is exactly what my brother experienced when he was in the SEALS without sleep -- lots of food.