Chocolate Ice Cream mix-ins Ideas Needed.

Options
2»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Holy my gawd. I think I may have just found my "party favors". That way nobody can say I didn't feed their kid breakfast.

Krispies-All-3.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Okay so one third is finalized. IT will be chocolate ice cream with dulce de leche swirl with cocoa puffs in it for a "milk & cereal" theme. this is a fancy recipe but i'm just gonna used plain cocoa puffs as suggested here and canned dulce de leche.

ice_cream_caramelia_pearls_x_page.jpg
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Make your own rocky road?

I love chocolate ice cream with shredded coconut and caramel sauce myself.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    okay and for the other third I think I've decided to stay "breakfasty" with it and make this third dedicated to the grown ups in attendance. It will have folger's coffee crystals mixed completely and thoroughly in with chunks of this in it
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTE5Z3dDtXrmjglw5PNKTp62p_85LjKOLAPIpha0V95VPwfy8nX
    who thinks I should use the ones with peanuts? who thinks peanuts will taste yuk with the coffee?
    I do. I think just plain one's mixed into the coffee-chocolate ice cream will be yum. that's what I think. this third I will call "coffee and donuts" IDK why I feel so weird about having a party before noon? maybe I've never done it?

who thinks these donuts will get too hard when frozen and will be yuk?
    who thinks they will be yum?
    who thinks I've gone batty since newsfeed is down?

who doesn't care...cause....chocolate!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I adore chocolate covered pomegranate seeds-- my favorite mix-in.

Also bumping for ideas.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    okay and for the other third I think I've decided to stay "breakfasty" with it and make this third dedicated to the grown ups in attendance. It will have folger's coffee crystals mixed completely and thoroughly in with chunks of this in it
    who thinks I should use the ones with peanuts? who thinks peanuts will taste yuk with the coffee?
    I do. I think just plain one's mixed into the coffee-chocolate ice cream will be yum. that's what I think. this third I will call "coffee and donuts" IDK why I feel so weird about having a party before noon? maybe I've never done it?

^ I vote for that one!

Oh, and add a teaspoon or two of cinnamon to the coffee. It works wonders.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    What about the other third being s'mores? Toasted graham crackers crumbles (on the stove top with butter), chunks of chocolate (or chips) and mini marshmallows (or marshmallow cream) all mixed in would be fantastic!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Okay so one third is finalized. IT will be chocolate ice cream with dulce de leche swirl with cocoa puffs in it for a "milk & cereal" theme. this is a fancy recipe but i'm just gonna used plain cocoa puffs as suggested here and canned dulce de leche.

ice_cream_caramelia_pearls_x_page.jpg

WAAAANNNNTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options

^ I vote for that one!

I second this vote, and this suggestion for cinnamon in the coffee

PS< I am going batty since newsfeed down too!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

^ I vote for that one!

original.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Will you come host a party at my house, MCD?
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options

Mine first! And my whole FL is invited!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    A ton of guilt...I am an ice cream addict. :cry:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I'm late as usual, but Cookie Crisp cereal holds up really well in chocolate ice cream. That is my second favorite mix-in, besides cocoa puffs.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Mine first! And my whole FL is invited!

In that case I'll just come to your house. :flowerforyou:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Mix it with peanut butter and bananas. I'll bet that would be good!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

^ I vote for that one!

Love this.
    And the one you have already decided on. Love the milk and cereal idea.

I also vote for one with your moms peanut brittle. That one jumped out at me.

I've got nothing to add for suggestions. Jus drooling.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Awww thanks for all the feedbacks guise! So yeah it's 1) the milk and cereal, and 2) the donuts and coffee. ..and 3) the center will be plain cause kids are so picky right?

(After todays shopping trip to get cello bags and white cheddar popcorn for party favors for eating on the way home was a total dud and replaced with ton's of themed candy we found in the most adorable toy containers, I am one grocery trip short of popcorn favor supplies. So that's next grocery shopping trip gonna get the last minute things popcorns, bags, cocoa puffs, dulce de leche, devils food donuts, and cinnamon. I plan to post the results of this insane "Chocolate Breakfast Neapolitan" Ice Cream recipe here when I've made it. Maybe with Pic's if I'm not too overwhelmed with the making of it. Maybe I'll post in recipes or just follow up here. )

I propose everyone who was inspired to make and eat a mix-in in recent days, click a pic and post it here at some point and rate it's cheatworthy nesss (or just yum factor for IIFYMers) here on a scale from 1-10.

Cheat worthy scale

10 I am going to the :devil: SUCH a cheater... is there more?
    9 Totally and undeniably worth a cheat.
    8 I'm cheating, yeah and what?
    7 This is what I call cheating
    6 This almost feels like a cheat, but not quite?
    5 Am I cheating, cause it doesn't feel like it.
    4 I cheated yesterday and THAT was worth it
    3 I think I'm already burning this cheat cals in the form of highly disappoints sighs.
    2 Lemme add some hot fudge, ok now there's a cheaty dirty.
    1Totally NOT cheat worthy
  • Marshma11owBunny
    Options
    What about brown sugar, vanilla and macadamia nuts in a "white chocolate" section?
    Cinnamon in a "Mexican Hot Chocolate" section?
    Caramel, coconut and cake in a German Chocolate Cake" section?
    Mocha Cacaoey Powey section with coffee/beans and dark chocolate syrup and pieces?

*Dreaming up things for other people- ZERO calories.