NEED YOUR KEY TIPS!

lauraloy2013
lauraloy2013 Posts: 58 Member
edited May 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok I'm really struggling to stick to my calories! I've gotten so lazy and put 10lbs back on out of the 36lbs that I lost and cannot get it back off! Correction: I'm not trying hard enough to get it back off! Need advice on how to keep going and STOP snacking so much!!
It's like I don't have the motivation I had the first time and need a new goal! You'd think my August holiday for my sisters wedding would be enough!

What are your key tips that keep you going??

Replies

• vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Don't tie your success or failure to an event or specific goal like a wedding.
    Be in it for the long haul, not to "diet and lose" then be done with it.
    Watch out for destructive thinking like "I've gotten so lazy" or "I need to stop snacking".
    Log everything you eat, use a scale and measure portions, and be honest with yourself.
    Eat what you like when you're hungry, enjoy it, and stop when you're full.
    Pay attention to when you're hungry, and budget calories so you can eat at those times.
    Avoid all magic solutions, foods, and substances.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Buy less snacks, and try more filling snacks for when you do need one (I like nuts). Try to plan out all your calories in the morning helps me that way if you decide to eat something else you can take away something later in the day. Also try to find a way to combat eating when you're bored. I like gum and tea for this.
  • lc355
    lc355 Posts: 91 Member
    Eat before you get hungry and make sure to allow snacks in your allowance.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    • Don't try too hard - don't deprive yourself, undereat, overexercise or deny yourself everything you like.
    • Stop snacking by eating meals. Plan your meals. Write shopping lists and buy the foods you need for those meals and nothing else.
    • Don't rely on motivation, but work to build determination, good habits and attitudes.
    • Lose any black or white/on or off/all or nothing think. Don't try to be perfect, but aim for consistency. Be patient and have realistic expectations.
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    I'll say log everything, even on bad days when you overeat. Works for me like bucket of cold water and I'm usually back on track next day.
  • lauraloy2013
    lauraloy2013 Posts: 58 Member
    Thanks everyone! I do tend to log everything and have weigh my food just tend to over eat. I think I just got too relaxed with it all. When I first put the weight back on I changed my goal to 1lb a week which I'm finding so hard to stick to so I've now changed it back to 0.5lb a week so maybe it'll be more realistic so won't feel as restricted!!
    Thanks ☺️