Wrist strength

Options
g077
g077 Posts: 13 Member
Any suggestions for exercises to increase wrist strength and overall circumference of the lower arm?

Replies

• sweets1973
    sweets1973 Posts: 66 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I do but you'll be lopsided

:D
  • rhauser44
    rhauser44 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Not is he's ambidextrous. OP, on a serious note, wrist curls have worked for me. And I also have heard Farmer's Walk will strengthen your grip and work your forearm as well. I guy I once knew grew up on a dairy farm and that guy had massive forearms.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options

not if you alternate hands.

but seriously, deadlifts give me strong hands and forarms, and also pullups. anything where you squeeze the bar hard, also there are wider bars you can use for certain lifts that are good to use. And i see people do that thing were you twirl a short bar with a weight tied onto a rope and wind up the weight. I've tried that, but it does nothing for me. Sometimes i will iso hold a heavy dumbell on the end , with the weight part. and hold it with my fingertips as long as i can. i get a weight that i can't hold after 60 seconds, so its kinda heavy.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts - don't use straps.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    rhauser44 wrote: »

Not is he's ambidextrous. OP, on a serious note, wrist curls have worked for me. And I also have heard Farmer's Walk will strengthen your grip and work your forearm as well. I guy I once knew grew up on a dairy farm and that guy had massive forearms.

Yep farmers carries. Gets the wrist, forearms plus is a great overall movement. It's one of dan Johns essential moves.

As above most farmers have big forearms because the do farmers carries for a livelihood
  • g077
    g077 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!