Hubby saying I love just like this not helping

Options
zahra59
zahra59 Posts: 55 Member
edited May 2016 in Getting Started
Im 5. 2 200-pounds had my second baby 8 months ago I know not an excuse but trust me before I got pregnant I was 170 so pretty good I have never been skinny girl that always loved looking at it now my husband is like oh honey I love you just like the way you are you don't have to stress out I think it's like trying to comfort me but at the same time it's like oh yeah he likes me the way I am I don't even try I know I need to do what's best for me when I look in the mirror and I see a lot of handle and I see a big huge tell me like at 3 months pregnant kind of s*** that doesn't work with me

Replies

• am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Come and join us in this postpartum group where we encourage each other and do a weekly weigh in.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113945-fit-fabulous-postpartum
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Why not invite him to join you at the gym and you can encourage each other to get stronger and fitter, loving each other's bods all along the way.
  • zahra59
    zahra59 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you arwen
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My guy tells me that too. Honestly, I think he does love me no matter what but also I think he prefers women with a little meat on them. At times in the past I felt like he was fearful of me losing weight. This time around I didn't tell him until I'd lost probably ten pounds. I just didn't want to hear how I'm fine the way I am because I knew it would weaken my resolve. Once I got going I proudly announced it and I knew that nothing would deter me.

He may love you as you are and I'm sure you are stunning and sexy but you want this for you and he is going to love the confidant new you just as much or more!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Your husband loves you, that's is great. It sounds like you love yourself as well but know you need to get lose a little weight. At 5'2" and 200 lbs you do need to lose some weight for health reasons. Just let your husband know you want to be a healthy mama for your baby, and that will require losing a little bit of weight. You will not regret having a healthy BMI.
  • hthornton1213
    hthornton1213 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same here. He doesn't get why I'm trying to lose weight. He thinks I'm perfect but if I'm not happy with my self image then I gotta do what I need to do
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    My husband says the same thing, but as my real curves are emerging, and my body is healthier and stronger, he's saying he loves the changes.
    I think our partners biggest fears include that we're trying to change to make them happy, and that we're going to make ourselves miserable trying to lose weight because of what we perceive that they want. Just keep working to find the you that YOU want to be, and I bet your husband will start loving the changes you go through, especially as you start loving your own body more. :)
  • FabianMommy
    FabianMommy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That's great that your Hubby loves you just the way you are but don't let that stop you from getting healthy as 200 pounds at your height definitely isn't. Do it for you and your family, Hubby will love you just as much once you are at a healthy weight and you will be far happier and more comfortable. It will be worth it I promise!
  • HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    That's great that he loves you the way you are, means no pressure on you to change. However, as long as he also understands that whilst he loves you the way you are, you don't love yourself that way, and his support will help you get to a place where you are happy with you.