Heart Rate Monitors??

Options
2»

Replies

• technobunny
    technobunny Posts: 131
    Options
    I have the Polar H6 Bluetooth HRM that connects to the PolarBeat app. Your iphone becomes the HRM and it auto uploads to the online database to see your progress. I had the PolarFT4 and then the FT40, but settled on just the strap since I do everything and anything on my iphone. it is only $56.93 on Amazon. (be advised that the H7 strap has really bad reviews so don't go with that one) have yet to come across any issues with the H6 though.
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of the Polar FT4 :) It's high end enough to give you a good calorie burn count yet low end enough that the price is very affordable. I got mine on Amazon for $60 I think... comes in Gray and Pink.

I have this and love love love it - best Christmas present ever.
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    i recently applied for a job helping women adjust their hrm belts - still waiting to hear
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    polar F11 for me
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of the Polar FT4 :) It's high end enough to give you a good calorie burn count yet low end enough that the price is very affordable. I got mine on Amazon for $60 I think... comes in Gray and Pink.

2nd this! I have the pink one, love it

I also have an FT4 and for a long time I loved it and relied on the numbers it gave me. I was stuck in a plateau for almost 6 months. SO, I bought the Bodymedia Link and discovered why...the HRM was WAYYYYY off and I was eating at maintenance for all that time. Since I got the Bodymedia Link I have eaten at a 400 calorie deficit (like I thought I was doing before) and lost 1.5 pounds in 2 weeks (exactly as it should be).

My thoughts: don't trust the HRM - get a bodymedia link instead.
  • gsop22
    gsop22 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My vote is for the FT4 too. Just got it about two weeks ago. So far I think it's great. Don't think you need anything with more options to start. Good luck in you HRM hunt.
  • Aliviuum
    Aliviuum Posts: 67
    Options
    I've heard great things about the FT4 and the reviews pretty much speak for themselves. I'm planning to purchase one soon!
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I recently upgraded to the FT4 from an older model that I've had for about ten years. It's still going strong. I wanted the additional functions, so upgraded. It's fantastic.
  • Morgan_Mack
    Morgan_Mack Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also have the polar FT4 and its fantastic!! It's extremely easy to use!
  • iWalkEveryday
    iWalkEveryday Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    got gifted a Polar FT4. I haven't yet figured out how to use all the functions but the ones I need - Calories burnt , duration, etc are perfect. I'd recommend it
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    if you are looking for a heart rate monitor that is going to keep count of your calories, count of your heart rate and inexpensive then this one is what i have and it works just fine, easy to read and easy to use

Hope that helps :)

http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Sports-PHRM38PN-Monitor-Calories/dp/B006QP0R2E/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1373744283&sr=8-10&keywords=heart+rate+monitor