Spiralizers

Options
2»

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    As long as you like that vegetable with the sauce, you're golden. I like pesto with spaghetti squash, bolognese/marinara/Asian brown sauces/cheesy sauces with zucchini, peanut sauce with cucumbers, curry with butternut squash, turnips or plantains risotto style and so on. Noodling/ricing a vegetable doesn't negate the flavor, but is a cute way to serve it!
  • emmadonaldson95
    emmadonaldson95 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Guys I found prespiralized courgette in the supermarket yesterday and it was great! Definitely going to have to get myself one
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I got a Veggetti a couple weeks ago. Made alfredo with it then Monday I made spaghetti with red sauce. I preferred the red sauce. It's easy to use but the skin and "zoodles" stick to the blades even with a toothbrush it was a pain. Dishwasher safe but mine didn't come out fully clean. :( If I get used to them I might get a bigger better one but though about trying the peeler version which is a julienne peeler tool actually but works good too.
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Mine has gone all rusty and horrible, so I don't use it any more. Use a mandoline or a veggie peeler instead.

Top tip for the UK - Sainsburys has started selling courgetti and butternut squash noodles (boodles). Butternut squash noodles are so much nicer than courgetti!