Hi.. I'm from a portland oregon suburb

Options
I am a 35 year old female who has gotten lazy and gained to much weight. I'm 5'10 and 198 lbs. I carry most of my extra flab in my tummy and thighs and unfortunately those are trouble spots for me to lose from. I used to swim competitively and lift weights and kick box so I still have a fair amount of muscle to give me some shape. My downside is that I am a binge eater and it has taken me many years to understand that and I am learning how to eat in regular and smaller amounts. It seems like such a simple thing to stop doing but in reality it's not and it takes a great deal of time to retrain ones self. I like to work out but I'm always alone when I do it so I get unmotivated at times. My work schedule also cuts down the available time I have to attend group classes but on weekends I have no excuse besides being lazy. I use jawbone up and I recently started using my fitness pal to get a better idea of what and how I really eat. I hope I can make some friends on this forum, because sometimes it is hard to do it alone. I wonder if anyone here besides me struggles with an eating disorder? My mother died recently from cancer but she had anorexia as an underlying condition and my time as a child with her I was thin but I had a very small amount of food and an even smaller amount of time to eat it in, which is what I believe lead to being a binge eater for me. It took her 3 years from diagnosis to death and during that time of her illness is when i really started eating. So now here I am... No more excuses! I really get it now, we have today to live our lives because tomorrow may not get here.

Replies

• kellydPugh
    Options
    Welcome :smile:

I do not have an eating disorder but love to eat...lol I'm a fitness instructor and personal trainer . I eat pretty good, and exercise several times a day. I still struggle. Working out is important but you know that its 80% nutrition... Everyone is so busy. I would say examine your "life" list again. Try to move eating healthy and exercise closer to the top.... Good luck to you chic!