Am I being too hard on myself?

Options
I work midnights at a hospital and weigh myself in when I get to work. I've lost about 6 pounds in a month (318-312). Kept within my food goals, logging 15K steps a day on my Fitbit, and weighed in tonight at 313. I'm staying pretty clean thus far with my plan, just discouraged at the weigh in. Am I being too hard on myself?

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Yes. Your being way way way hard on yourself. You should be super proud of losing 6 pounds this month!!
    Remember that fast weight loss isn't always good weight loss. Its so important to eat enough . people rush to lose the weight without realizing that they are also losing so much more muscle mass then they should've.
    Instead of rushing and being hard on yourself, realize that you lost 6lbs and that is awesome.
    Please don't beat yourself up , you did great !
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think that is one of those questions where if you have to ask it you already know the answer.
    Those 2 lbs could be anything, water retention, waste, wearing different clothes, don't sweat it and don't let it discourage you. At night I'm easily 3 lbs heavier than I am first thing in the morning. Just keep eating fewer calories than you burn and you will keep losing.
  • AllSUMLIFE
    AllSUMLIFE Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Everyone's weight can & will fluctuate throughout the week. I know mine does +/- 5 lbs on any given day. Six pounds is a great achievement in a month! Focus on the behaviors & great habits you're building. The results will continue to happen. :smile:
  • trollerskates
    trollerskates Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Kinda. 2 pounds a week is said to be the most. Just keep killin the game. Plan your cheats, be strong, and enjoy your progress. And dont stop till you hit your goal.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You will not lose every week. Your weight can fluctuate due to retaining water, wearing different clothes, or not having pooped yet.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    edoll61 wrote: »
    I work midnights at a hospital and weigh myself in when I get to work. I've lost about 6 pounds in a month (318-312). Kept within my food goals, logging 15K steps a day on my Fitbit, and weighed in tonight at 313. I'm staying pretty clean thus far with my plan, just discouraged at the weigh in. Am I being too hard on myself?

You are absolutely being too hard on yourself. You should be very proud of yourself for the 6 pounds that you've lost so far. Do you have a scale at home? If so, try weighing yourself first thing in the morning instead of at work after you have probably already eaten and drank stuff. Congrats on the loss so far. That is great. :)
  • ReadyWillingEager
    ReadyWillingEager Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing under same conditions each time? I'd personally recommend weighing yourself less often if you know it effects you that much.
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yes - too hard on yourself. Can you get the app called Happy Scale? It helped me tame my relationship with the scale and allows for fluctuations!