Underweight to Overeating

Options
Hi! So last summer, I became a very restrictive eater to the point where I was several pounds underweight. Then I gained some necessary pounds back and I was very happy with my weight. I ate healthily, maintained my weight, and ran extremely well (I am a competitive cross country and track runner) until a few months ago when I started having major binges. This past week is when it really got bad, as nearly every day for the past week I have been overeating to the point where I feel uncomfortably full, and even then I don't know how to stop myself. It has become a problem, and I know it is certainly not helping my running!

Any good ideas on how to control this? I would love to be able to get a normal eating schedule back. Thanks!

Replies

• lisawilkes20
    lisawilkes20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I only started calorie counting this week & new to MFP, but it sounds to me like you just needed to eat bad stuff(comfort food) for a week you know what you should be eating as you have done it before. Don't give yourself a hard time if it was just a week of binge eating, you have found out its not making you feel any better so start a new week tomorrow with healthy stuff again. Don't forget to drink water as I keep being told. Hope this helps you